C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Which fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 03:45 PM
mavidatt
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which fuel pump

okay ive been having issues with my car lately with my fuel pressure dropping to almost nothing under wot. I replaced my fuel pump to an 84 pump with a bypass regulator, filter (twice), and also redone my entire feed line to the carburetor on my car ( i swapped to 4 barrel 600 cfm carburetor summit brand). my fuel pressure holds steady at 7 psi at idle and when i rev it in park. oh yeah my car is a 1989 corvette 6 speed with a zz4 crate motor. So now i am planning on just eliminating the return line and running the feed line with an inline fuel pump with a pickup line going to bottom of the tank. Any ideas on what pump i will need with just the feed line and my setup of zz4 motor (355hp/400lb ft torque). Thanks
Old 06-02-2012, 11:59 PM
mavidatt
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was thinking about going with the summit brand electric external pump that is 7 psi and 95 gph. And go without the regulator, for now, then add regulator later on if need be. Also will this be okay with the feed line going up through the top of the tank to the pump, since thats how the stock tank is setup. I would like to get a fuel cell that fed the fuel through the bottom of the tank, but cant right now cause money is tight.

Quick Reply: Which fuel pump