C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

91 ZR1 sounds like it running on less cylinders after it gets hot?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 03:40 PM
lucyd
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 ZR1 sounds like it running on less cylinders after it gets hot?

I am having a problem with my 91 ZR1. After driving the car for a while I turned it off to go into a store for a couple of minutes. When I got back in and started it up the car was running very very rough. It almost sounded like I was running on seven cylinders and the engine shaked. I forgot to mention that I get this problem only on hot days when the engine gets hot. On cooler days the engine runs perfectly fine. Can anyone tell me what the problem might be and how to fix the problem.

Last edited by lucyd; 05-29-2012 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention something.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:44 PM
VetteMed
Le Mans Master

Received 215 Likes on 142 Posts

You'll have better luck in a ZR-1 specific section, such as the section of this forum devoted to the ZR-1, or www.zr1.net .

SOunds like you might have popped the hose off the MAP sensor, but that's just an armchair guess based on the info you provided.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:54 PM
lucyd
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info. I will look at that hose and also try www.ZR1.net. Thanks again.

Get notified of new replies

To 91 ZR1 sounds like it running on less cylinders after it gets hot?

Quick Reply: 91 ZR1 sounds like it running on less cylinders after it gets hot?