C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Very Strange Relationship

Old 03-18-2014, 10:52 PM
Marksgotavette
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Very Strange Relationship

My horns were not working when I bought my 89 convertible. Neither was the speedometer graph. As for the horns, the relay was clicking and had 12v at the horn connection. Great, just the horns and not the wiring. Took "theadmiral94" advise from his 9/23/2012 post and bought the Fiamm horns from NAPA. Took out the old horns before driving to NAPA. During the trip there, the speedometer graph was now working. Great, something fixed itself, one less thing to do. Picked up the new horns and installed them and they work fine. But now the speedometer graph is again not working. Come to find out, if I unplug the driver side horn. the graph works. Plug it back in and the graph does not work.

Does anyone know how the driver side horn is related to the speedometer graph?

Thanks.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:10 PM
gerardvg
Melting Slicks

Received 188 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by Marksgotavette
My horns were not working when I bought my 89 convertible. Neither was the speedometer graph. As for the horns, the relay was clicking and had 12v at the horn connection. Great, just the horns and not the wiring. Took "theadmiral94" advise from his 9/23/2012 post and bought the Fiamm horns from NAPA. Took out the old horns before driving to NAPA. During the trip there, the speedometer graph was now working. Great, something fixed itself, one less thing to do. Picked up the new horns and installed them and they work fine. But now the speedometer graph is again not working. Come to find out, if I unplug the driver side horn. the graph works. Plug it back in and the graph does not work.

Does anyone know how the driver side horn is related to the speedometer graph?
Thanks.
All grounds are connected...to the frame and to the engine block..

The usual gremlins with wireing is the grounds, they are above the oil filter on the block at the drivers side, if loose they can cause what you are describing.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Very Strange Relationship