C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Lowering a 95?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2002, 11:29 PM
Mervz
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran

Default Lowering a 95?

Is it hard? I know C5's can be done with simple tools, but i have the feeling that C4's are a little differnt.

So.. can anyone give me a clue? :lol: :D :cool:
Old 05-21-2002, 11:37 PM
cprgmr
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Lowering a 95? (Mervz)

Is it hard? I know C5's can be done with simple tools, but i have the feeling that C4's are a little differnt.

You have to remove the exhaust (cats back if stock), the spring from the bolts that hold it to the knuckle, and the bolts themselves (don't forget new urethane bushings and cotter pins along with the new bolts). Hope this helps... :)
Old 05-21-2002, 11:55 PM
Kizmo
Pro

Default Re: Lowering a 95? (cprgmr)

You have to remove the exhaust (cats back if stock), the spring from the bolts that hold it to the knuckle, and the bolts themselves (don't forget new urethane bushings and cotter pins along with the new bolts). Hope this helps... :)
Why do you have to remove the exhaust? I lowered my 95 front and rear and never removed my exhaust. :confused:
Old 05-22-2002, 06:54 AM
gtsyellow
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Lowering a 95? (Kizmo)

same here, i lowered my rear end in about 15 min. used a jack under the spring, held it, unbolted..in went the new bolts..played with ride height..dialed in equal length on the bolts..done & good to go..now i have to do the front...hmm..i'll report back once i get around to doing it..maybe i won't break anything this week and will have some extra time. :p:
Old 05-22-2002, 10:37 AM
Brian Madderom
Instructor

Default Re: Lowering a 95? (gtsyellow)

To do the front you'll have to remove the spring and change the pads from the top that contacts the frame. I call them poly lowering wedges that you have to glue in the place of the old ones. :)

Get notified of new replies

To Lowering a 95?

Quick Reply: Lowering a 95?