C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Renegade Manifold Installation

Old 02-10-2012, 07:10 PM
qws
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is it just me ?
Seems to be a very poor attitude from dcs, customer has questions and even vents a bit. All 3 of there posts in my opinion have been on the negative side. Now the poster sits with there product and who knows how he will be treated in the future. Seems like if you disagree with them they get all bent out of shape.

Thank goodness companies like fast,Holley,edelbrock and many others treat there customers with some respect and not say.....I'm done with this!
Old 02-10-2012, 07:21 PM
engle1147
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Buccaneer
.....As far as a refund goes, you modified the manifold now and we can't give you a refund, sorry. You should have taken our offer when we suggested it to you several times. Anything else?
Real nice.... ..... I have no idea if you are really who you say you are (DCS troll) but one thing is for sure though - you're an "A" hole.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:15 PM
mtnmanut
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll just refer back to my original post and re-post this...
For reference, here is a "direct quote" from our instructions:

NOTE: PLEASE study these guidelines carefully before attempting this installation. This removal and installation can be accomplished with common hand tools (with the exception of torque and fitting/line wrenches) and good mechanic practices. However, you should be familiar with and be comfortable working on your vehicle. If you do not feel comfortable performing this removal and installation process, it is highly recommended to have the installation process completed by a qualified automotive mechanic or a reputable automotive shop. If you have any questions, please call us.

Really!? That is supposed to be like that. There has to be a slant in the manifold seat where the distributor sits so that the gears on the distributor and cam mesh properly.

As far as a refund goes, you modified the manifold now and we can't give you a refund, sorry. You should have taken our offer when we suggested it to you several times. Anything else? I give up and refuse to reply anymore to this thread.
Don't Blame You
Old 02-10-2012, 10:26 PM
mtnmanut
Racer

Originally Posted by ch@0s
that was the Exhaust the tune was off.
ok whay ever you say
Old 02-10-2012, 11:31 PM
oldalaskaman
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I'll just refer back to my original post and re-post this...

NOTE: PLEASE study these guidelines carefully before attempting this installation. This removal and installation can be accomplished with common hand tools (with the exception of torque and fitting/line wrenches) and good mechanic practices. However, you should be familiar with and be comfortable working on your vehicle. If you do not feel comfortable performing this removal and installation process, it is highly recommended to have the installation process completed by a qualified automotive mechanic or a reputable automotive shop. If you have any questions, please call us.

Really!? That is supposed to be like that. There has to be a slant in the manifold seat where the distributor sits so that the gears on the distributor and cam mesh properly.

As far as a refund goes, you modified the manifold now and we can't give you a refund, sorry. You should have taken our offer when we suggested it to you several times. Anything else? I give up and refuse to reply anymore to this thread.
Ok, lets forget about this particular manifold for a minute...This thread has had almost a thousand views, I understand your frustration, believe me I do, sometimes you just cant make someone happy no matter how hard you try. But is this the final impression you want to give that many potential customers....and to the op, quit venting in the forum, I missed the post where you didn't know to remove the valve covers . Thats just inexperience , you'll learn it but it takes time. With that inexperience, that manifold probably isn't the best thing you can put on your car
Old 02-10-2012, 11:47 PM
pologreen1
Team Owner

Received 260 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by qws
Is it just me ?
Seems to be a very poor attitude from dcs, customer has questions and even vents a bit. All 3 of there posts in my opinion have been on the negative side. Now the poster sits with there product and who knows how he will be treated in the future. Seems like if you disagree with them they get all bent out of shape.

Thank goodness companies like fast,Holley,edelbrock and many others treat there customers with some respect and not say.....I'm done with this!
The good thing is that more than likely this product will fade away in to the abyss. That place needs to pay back customers and close the doors, they have no business being in business.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:46 PM
scorpion18z
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW! Where do I start? To all that are reading this post... We, (DCS) have gone out of our way to help Don out. We have talked to him on numerous occasions and have been "more" than willing to refund his money in "full", all he had to do was pull the trigger and we'd make that happen. We also said we would pay at our expense for "all" shipping back and forth...Please don't make us out to be the bad guys, ok, it's not fair to us when you do that and make this look one sided.

Anyone that has been in business or is currently in business knows that you can't make 100% of the people happy, 100% of the time, but we do try.

This is a rather straight forward job and we did try and cover most bases in the instructions, but we also figured that most of the people that would do this task would have the experience to do the job with little or no help from instructions anyway. We can't make them 100% fool proof no matter what, nobody can...sorry.

What can I say. Anyone can download these instructions and read this for themselves.

You have had some rather crazy issues with your manifold I agree and they are not the norm I assure you, again we said we would give you a full refund at your request if you were not happy, you didn't.

Yours to date is the only one with the issues you are having except the valve covers being a tad close. The plenum area is 20% greater than stock and we did plan for that in the pattern making process, but anomalies do exist from motor to motor and we can't plan for everything that might happen. We have had three or four customers say that as well, but after loosening them up or removing them they were good to go, no big deal.

The pics you sent us with the cover issue were nice and thanks. You obviously had some really leaky covers evidenced by all the oil and grime covering the block. I for one wouldn't have glued down my valve covers to make them seal vs. doing it the right way, but that's just me.

As for qws (slrvette) and his comments, really dude? quote...

Unfortunetly this is what you run into when you dealing with a small business that has had numerous foundries work on this product. Then add it the fact that 1 of the 2 people last I knew went to another state. From what i understand this is a business that is basically a backyard garage. I've heard nothing but complaints especially when it comes to trying to call or email them.
And I agree all those problems the OP has had are DCS fault.

Its to bad they just don't put there pride aside and sell the mold to someone like Edelbrock. someone that can back up the product and has the resources to produce it.

WOW again! You seem to know more about our business and lives than we do, awesome! However, this speaks volumes of you and how little you really know about what we are doing and about the manufacturing process and how complicated creating a manifold really is. Maybe we should call you and get some advise/tips on how to run a business. I'm sure you have all the answers handy.

It's pretty easy to sit back and start criticizing isn't it? Riddle me this...When was the last time you did anything to help or make a major impact in a meaningful way for the CF world except being a keyboard commando on the forums...Huh? Tell me, I'm all ears. I'd be careful what you say about DCS as well, we are a business. Jus sayin'.

It's always amazes me that there are always a handful of people on the various forums that have nothing better to do with their life but than to stir things up just because; they always want to take a jab at you, It's sad, you know who you are.

This is one reason why we don't go to the forums anymore, they are not what they used to be. Now it's always the same people with the same bla, bla, bla... I just happened on this one tonight for the first time in a very long time, wish I hadn't now that I found this. I was right though, its the same few people with the same jabs and bla, bla...

Don, my guess is that we'll be giving you a call tomorrow to discuss all this. We've been waiting for your return call liked we talked about last week, so we'd know what we needed to do, but you never responded and came here instead to vent. Thanks for your support and have a great day.
WOW! Well said
Old 11-09-2012, 02:34 PM
1984crossfirefuelie
Racer

I have a renegade and it runs great. I finally found a stock 84 vette with a cat back exhaust, chip, k&n. I have a renegade on my crossfire we raced from the lights from Krispy cremes to toys r us. The renegade walked away from the stock crossfire. Then we started from a rolling start onto the freeway and once I hit about 3000 rpm the renegade came alive and left the stock crossfire. Now my new friend with the stock crossfire wants a renegade. I hope DCS is still taking orders.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:05 PM
ch@0s
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by 1984crossfirefuelie
I have a renegade and it runs great. I finally found a stock 84 vette with a cat back exhaust, chip, k&n. I have a renegade on my crossfire we raced from the lights from Krispy cremes to toys r us. The renegade walked away from the stock crossfire. Then we started from a rolling start onto the freeway and once I hit about 3000 rpm the renegade came alive and left the stock crossfire. Now my new friend with the stock crossfire wants a renegade. I hope DCS is still taking orders.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:05 PM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

Originally Posted by 1984crossfirefuelie
No reason to take it to the track when you have a Krispy Cremes and a Toys R Us.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:45 PM
nutz4c4
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ch@0s

Old 11-09-2012, 07:01 PM
mcm95403
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 223 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by nutz4c4

You do realize that my image is copyrighted don't you? You'll be getting a letter in the mail shortly...........
Old 11-09-2012, 08:04 PM
Frizlefrak
Race Director

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mcm95403
You do realize that my image is copyrighted don't you? You'll be getting a letter in the mail shortly...........

Maybe Crocamonga can help you write it.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:08 PM
PLRX
Team Owner

Received 501 Likes on 342 Posts
Co-winner 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C4 of Year
2016 C7 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

Originally Posted by Frizlefrak

Maybe Crocamonga can help you write it.

Yep, his starter melted.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:25 PM
C4vettrn
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by elkprairie
Removing the valve cover gaskets is a great idea unless you did this a year ago and sealed them with permatex. It took me 2 hours to get the driver's side off and that is the easy one. It will probably take me another hour to get the gasket off the valve cover and cleaned up. I am pretty pi$$ed at DCS for not telling this would need to be done.

There are other things they don't tell you like you will have to use all 1" bolts to secure the manifold (the corners are 1.25" and bottom out because the DCS manifold is thinner the the stock at these places.

There is a bracket that bolts to the manifold plate that does not line up either. Anyone considering installing one of these should think twice. It is a huge frustrating job. I have not got to installing the TB's yet. I wonder what other joys await me.

Don't know much about this manifold or company but in my humble opinion it sounds llike you are getting frustrated over very minor/common wrenching issues. It also sounds like you are fairly new to this magnitude of a project. It is good to see you are wrenching on your vehicle for that is the best way to learn what makes them tick. On a scale of 1-10 this is probably a 5 or 6 at the most in terms of complication. Relax and learn as you go. Working on your toy is supposed to be challenging,learning and a fun experience, this is where the self satisfaction of a completed project comes from. Don't rush, take a deap breath, have a beer or two and press-on. Personaly I am never satisfied with any aftermarket product and have to put my own touches/flavor on them before installing, (OCD). They can always be made better, smoother, lighter, more pretty, etc. If the company did all that for you the product would cost twice as much and take twice as long to make. Look on the brite side, next time you do this type of project it will take half the time and you will know all the little quirkes.
With experience comes some frustration. Enjoy your work and post some pics of the finish product

Last edited by C4vettrn; 11-09-2012 at 08:28 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:06 PM
Jon Hekking
Race Director

Received 237 Likes on 127 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C3 of Year Finalist (stock)

We know a guy that lives next door to the President of the Internet, do you want his email
Old 11-10-2012, 12:53 AM
Sweet 90
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Are you for real?

Get notified of new replies

To Renegade Manifold Installation

Old 11-10-2012, 01:14 AM
Frizlefrak
Race Director

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweet 90
Are you for real?
Yes....for he has loved.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:33 AM
Jon Hekking
Race Director

Received 237 Likes on 127 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C3 of Year Finalist (stock)

Originally Posted by Frizlefrak

Your mancard please.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:15 AM
dukeallen
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's all good, Disney will be glad to hear of the unauthorized use of the stormtrooper pic.
http://info.legalzoom.com/legal-use-...ers-21231.html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Renegade Manifold Installation