C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Wiper Sweep Adjustment???

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 10:44 AM
ProjectC4
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pmihaltian
This IS the answer. While it seems like more pressure than you would normally like to have, this is what IS required to get the driver side wiper blade to stop approximately 3/4" - 1" from the windshield's outer trim edge.

If you are not particularily interested in meeting NCRS or factory standards, you can make the adjustment so that the wiper blade stops just short of the window trim edge. As long as it does not hit the window molding while on the high speed setting, you will be ok. It the blade hits the molding you will eventually damage both the molding and the wiper blade.

FWIW.

P.
I just did my '84, per this thread and the key for the driver's side is to set it up to stop below the stop so it pushes into the stop with some pressure. I could not get the passenger side to stop totally below the hood line without it hitting the dricer's side. The bellcrank/wiper arm interface seems pretty sloppy on mine and the top strap piece that captures the bellcrank against the wiper arms is called a bushing so maybe there's some wear there and I could improve things with the replacement of the bellcrank and bushing/strap. Is it suposed to be lubricated? I put some lithium grease in there.
I also put some black tape on the windshield molding for now where the blade had hit just in case...

Quick Reply: Wiper Sweep Adjustment???