C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

A set of Brand New Injectors for $150 too good to be true?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 01:14 AM
bowtie350_428
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A set of Brand New Injectors for $150 too good to be true?

It’s seems time for me to replace my injectors in my 91 L98. I am looking to replace them with the stock 22 lb for now. So I have been shopping around and I found this guy on fleabay that has all 8 brand new injectors for under $150. My first reaction was Wha? Wha? What??? He claims they are from a company called “Standard Ignition” with the Part Number FJ47, which is the same P/N as Standard Motor Products but for over $500 on summit. He also claims they are brand new.

Has anyone ever heard of injectors made from “Standard Ignition”?

Are the injectors from “Standard Ignition” the same injectors from Standard Motor Products?

That seems really cheap but I have never heard of the brand “Standard Ignition”. Should I pass this up and just keep shopping around?
Old 08-24-2011, 01:28 AM
oldalaskaman
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

FIC a vender on here, has good parts ,prices, and service, dont know bout those ebay ones.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:34 AM
87 vette 81 big girl
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

FIC is the favorite choice here on C4.

Standard Ignition has been around since the 1940's.

For $150 for a set of L98 fuel injectors on ebay,
they have to be re manufactured too like FIC's replacement L98 set.

Most brand new Or GM NOS injectors run from $90 to $130 + each.

So a set of Remanufactured injectors for the C4 guys makes $$$ sense.

They work pretty good FIC's 99 % of the time for me.
Other 1% is WOT for me on wide open roads.

FIC's do make for easy cold weather & hot weather starts.
No more feathering the gas pedal like before to get your L98 TPI Corvette started up.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:34 AM
Pwnage1337
Tech Contributor

Received 188 Likes on 141 Posts

go FIC.
if there is anything wrong with something you buy from FIC, it will be fixed.

Getting ahold of people on ebay can be a real pain in the ***. I'd buy the peace of mind for $30
Old 08-24-2011, 02:28 AM
mistaben
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I personally like the people at FIC.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:01 AM
GREGGPENN
Race Director

Received 400 Likes on 327 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by bowtie350_428
8 brand new injectors for under $150. My first reaction was Wha? Wha? What??? He claims they are from a company called “Standard Ignition” with the Part Number FJ47, which is the same P/N as Standard Motor Products but for over $500 on summit. He also claims they are brand new.
Those are probably NOS (new old stock) injectors from Standard Motor Products. I bought a set myself a couple of years ago...then upgraded to a bigger injector for a bigger motor. The price was similar but I never installed them. The reason is SMP upgraded their injector design at the same time Accel (and other companies) upgraded theirs. These will be the original design. It was to eliminate some problems and complaints. (see Jon's sticky on that design)

Jon @ FuelInjectorConnection also has some great deals. Some people swear by the Bosch III (rebuilts?) he sells...and say they give a bit better mpg. Others have an issue or two....usually not major. Some get worse mpg. Jon will work with you though.

Look for his GIANT stick thread with compiled information.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:19 AM
Joe C
Race Director

Received 703 Likes on 590 Posts

i've bought two sets of boschIII's from Jon@FIC - don't second guess - buy from a forum vendor. Jon has great sales and service, and 99 out of 100 forum members swear by FIC.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:56 AM
muzikmanwi
Racer

FIC is the only way to go I went with these.

http://www.corvetteinjectors.com/sho...p?productid=22
Old 08-24-2011, 06:24 AM
FICINJECTORS
Supporting Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Here's the facts on this injectors. They are sold by a guy in Texas, they are not fj47 they are Junk I have a set here, for fun ask him if the pn is on the injector, it has part number rin--- can't remember it off the top of my head. I will do a video comparing a real fj47 and this. Watch later. I can sell you brand new fj47 if you want new for 389 and match the set since we stock a few hundred of them
Old 08-24-2011, 08:17 AM
FICINJECTORS
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by BADDUCK
Call Sam Cunningham and discuss your concerns with him.

BTW, Standard Ignition is a part of SMP. They make tons of ingnition parts sold around the world.
Go to SMP website for an overview. It's a huge industry supplier. FIC rebuilds old injectors.
The problem here is you think you know the business, those are not fj47's so let's compare apples to apples, they are a replacement fir the fj47. I'll prove it to you shortly. Bosch makes the best injectors. Period. A rebuilt quality injector is way better than a new cheepo. I can buy those also for less than 10 bucks each, a real fj47 is way more. After you see my video then you can talk about it. Sam and me go back a long time, but. Parts should be represented for what they truly are. Next thing you will tell me is that the Chinese knockoffs are good also. You have constantly badmouthed us for years. Keep it up it's good for business. If you go back to 09 archived threads you can see that you used to sell injectors. We came in and you got pissed. Over 3000 c4 owners have bought from us, we stand behind everything we sell. You constantly state we sell used injectors, but equally we sell as many new also.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:01 AM
Gear Jammer
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

In the hopes to avoid a flame war (interesting as it may be) Ive been thinking about replacing / refurbing the injectors on my stock 91 L98 also.
My symptoms are rough/uneven idle, sometimes it wants to stall, but the IAC will kick in at the last moment and rev the motor. Ive checked for vacuum leaks, dont think I have one, but not confident I did a thorough enough test. Ive tried to set the minimum idle rpm, but I cant the engine to run at that low of rpm, it keeps stalling. Ive replaced EGR (was throwing a code), set the TPS, timing, etc, with no improvement. No current codes.

Heres what I know - in 95 or 96, the previous owner had a dealer replace all the injectors (I have the repair paperwor) for $1000+. I also ohm'ed the injectors about a year ago, both hot and cold, no obvious failures. So I dont *think* I have the original design multecs that are prone to failure.

How much dinero to refurb the ones I have? I would just rather stay with the multecs - dont ask why, my ocd kicks in.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:11 AM
muzikmanwi
Racer

Originally Posted by Gear Jammer
In the hopes to avoid a flame war (interesting as it may be) Ive been thinking about replacing / refurbing the injectors on my stock 91 L98 also.
My symptoms are rough/uneven idle, sometimes it wants to stall, but the IAC will kick in at the last moment and rev the motor. Ive checked for vacuum leaks, dont think I have one, but not confident I did a thorough enough test. Ive tried to set the minimum idle rpm, but I cant the engine to run at that low of rpm, it keeps stalling. Ive replaced EGR (was throwing a code), set the TPS, timing, etc, with no improvement. No current codes.

Heres what I know - in 95 or 96, the previous owner had a dealer replace all the injectors (I have the repair paperwor) for $1000+. I also ohm'ed the injectors about a year ago, both hot and cold, no obvious failures. So I dont *think* I have the original design multecs that are prone to failure.

How much dinero to refurb the ones I have? I would just rather stay with the multecs - dont ask why, my ocd kicks in.
Call Jon @ FIC

http://www.corvetteinjectors.com/contact.html
Old 08-24-2011, 09:21 AM
FICINJECTORS
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Gear Jammer

its 15 per injector including new filters, o rings , cleaning and flow test.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:42 AM
steven mack
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Not to hi jack the thread but I have a set of LT1 injectors they ohm at 12 .I was told this is the correct ohm reading For factory LT1's.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:26 AM
FICINJECTORS
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by steven mack
Not to hi jack the thread but I have a set of LT1 injectors they ohm at 12 .I was told this is the correct ohm reading For factory LT1's.
that is correct. l98 are 16ohms for the multecs

Last edited by FICINJECTORS; 08-24-2011 at 10:48 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:30 AM
H P Bushrod

Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts
CI 5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I've done business with FIC in the past and they were straight up honest with me. I would buy from them again. When it comes to injectors, If they're extremely cheap, be suspicious. Remember, you get what you pay for. FIC is the way to go. Almost 100% of the forum can't be wrong.

P.S: Anyone thinking about bashing FIC or disputing anything posted here, it would be best to do it through PM's or offine. I'm ready to hand out extended vacations to anyone who turns this thread into a pissing match.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:40 AM
FICINJECTORS
Supporting Vendor

Default video as promised

here is the video. it speaks for itself. We are not trying to badmouth any compitition. All we want to do is keep you informed on the parts that are being offered for your car. In the world of autoparts you never know what or from where a part comes from. A seller can basically say anyyhing and its up to us to do the research. The OP asked a simple question. "is it true that you can buy a FJ47 set of 8 for $150.00 Brand new." well all I can tell you is that the "new" part is true. The "Brand" part is questionable. Its up to you to go to Standard parts cat. and see what a FJ47 looks like. If it looks different than how can it be the same. Here is the link: http://www.standardbrand.com/Online%...g/Content.aspx

Watch the Video.

Get notified of new replies

To A set of Brand New Injectors for $150 too good to be true?

Old 08-24-2011, 10:59 AM
H P Bushrod

Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts
CI 5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Old 08-24-2011, 11:11 AM
oldalaskaman
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

excellent, truth in advertising at its best, these videos are why I bought from FIC.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:24 AM
TorchRedlt4man
Drifting

Location: Chicago Executive Airport, formerly known as Palwaukee
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
No-IL Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

I bought NEW Bosch Design III fuel injectors from Jon in June of 2009.

You can read about my experience here: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-t...long-read.html

With over forty (40) years of experience in the auto & truck industry I can say the following:

Jon, is hands down, the BEST vendor I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with or knowing.

What Jon says is true.

His customer service is stellar.

He will talk to you at any time to help walk you through the installation of any injectors you purchase.

Today, my WAVE goes out to Jon:

Quick Reply: A set of Brand New Injectors for $150 too good to be true?