C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

No "Fuel Enable" signal from CCM

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 03:37 PM
Strike3
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default No "Fuel Enable" signal from CCM

I asked this question in the Technical forum, then realised this would be the more appropriate location.

I have a 91, L98 coupe. I am having a crank but no start prolem. I can spray starting fluid and the engine will fire right up, until the starting fluid is all gone. Sometimes it continues to run, sort of. It sputters and backfires and usually dies pretty quick. If it doesn't die quickly, it occasionally will seem to smooth out and run right.

I think I have an intermittant loss of "enable fuel" signal from the CCM to the ECM.

Is the only fix a replacement CCM or can this be bypassed? Does it just provide a 5 volt signal to one of the pins of the ECM? Or something like that?
Old 08-03-2011, 04:00 PM
C409
Le Mans Master

Received 490 Likes on 334 Posts

..... Its a little bit more complicated than applying voltage to the module ... Have you run the diagnostic flowchart for your condition ? ... DO NOT start throwing parts at your car based on assumptions ... A noid light will indicate whats being commanded to the injectors by the module while you are cranking ... If you don't have one , I strongly urge you to purchase a Factory Service Manual for your Vette ... You can find them on here , on E-bay , or direct from Helm , Inc ..........................

Quick Reply: No "Fuel Enable" signal from CCM