C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Missing Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 05:17 PM
glava2876
Burning Brakes

Received 272 Likes on 144 Posts

Default Missing Question

My car (84 4+3)has been running great all summer after having the ported intake and 1:6 roller tip rockers installed in the spring -well except when the fuel pump died.
I have been trying to drive it more before winter gets here and it has started missing under hard acceleration above 4kRPMs. It seems fine under a little lighter acceleration and easily goes just above 5k when shifting.
I had replaced the cap/ rotor plugs and wires just after I bought the car about 4 years and 10kmiles ago (Bought with 84k miles & now have 94kmiles).
The fuel filter was replaced last winter and the fuel pump was just replaced a couple of months ago.
Figured I should look at the condition of the plugs and cap/ rotor first since they were just standard NAPA replacements.
Is there anything else that I should look at this point -could the wires need replacing?
Old 11-01-2013, 05:43 PM
don hall
Safety Car

Received 218 Likes on 172 Posts

One item not mentioned in your replacement list is injectors.
May not be your specific cause, but a faulty injector could result
in a 'miss' under heavy acceleration.

And, with engine revving, in the dark, check the plug wires for any spark 'jump'.

Also, check the manifold vacuum:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-t...uidelines.html

Quick Reply: Missing Question