C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Service ASR!?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 04:27 AM
VetteAholicC4
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Service ASR!?!

I'm driving my '92 LT-1,A/T, around, got it running after installing a new water pump shaft oil seal on the timing chain cover.

So I'm coming to a stop and I drop the auto tranny to 1st gear. I then hear a BUZZING sound and I stop, the buzzing stops. I move again closer to the stop sign and the BUZZING continues. When the buzzing stopped completely my "SERVICE ASR" light came on.... From then on the car has had no drive ability problems but the light is still on. I will put the scanner on it later on today.

Anyone experience this??

Also, my serpentine belt is throwing SPARKS!!!(It's creating small sparks in random sections of the belt, while moving ofcourse) I had a ground cable that wasn't bolted, I thought that was causing my problems, I bolted it down and I still see the sparks.

Any possible leads for this problem would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:07 PM
VetteAholicC4
Advanced

Well today I put in some more brake fluid in my PBR, turn the car on and no more "SERVICE ASR" -.-

I really hope this isn't one of those problems that shows up and goes away and etc.

Now just to figure out what the hell are the sparks on my serpentine belt...
Old 06-10-2011, 08:47 PM
Phuncky Feel One
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've notice my master cylinder leaking around the reservoir more and more the last couple of days. This afternoon coming back from work, the 'Service ASR' light came on. Guess I'll be replacing it.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:03 PM
STL94LT1
Race Director

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts

Fix the "sparks" issue, and the ASR light will probably go away. The ASR/ABS system needs a certain voltage to operate, when this voltage drops it will shut the system down.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:12 AM
VetteAholicC4
Advanced

Originally Posted by Phuncky Feel One
I've notice my master cylinder leaking around the reservoir more and more the last couple of days. This afternoon coming back from work, the 'Service ASR' light came on. Guess I'll be replacing it.
I believe mine is leaking as well. Thank you for the reply.

Originally Posted by STL94LT1
Fix the "sparks" issue, and the ASR light will probably go away. The ASR/ABS system needs a certain voltage to operate, when this voltage drops it will shut the system down.
Thank you for the info! Now lately....I see no sparks....I'll have to look at it during the night or find something.

Get notified of new replies

To Service ASR!?!

Quick Reply: Service ASR!?!