C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Crossfire TPS Torx screws thread type? / Codes pulled

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 12:57 PM
Ztrip
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crossfire TPS Torx screws thread type? / Codes pulled

Hi, I pulled a few codes recently (that seem to be intermittent) 22, 33 & 45. Which is TPS low voltage, MAP high, and running rich. I decided to tackle the TPS first seeing as how it might be easiest. So I started tightening the Torx screws to increase the voltage up to .54 and I broke the heads off. I can still probably take pliers to the remainder of the screws and get them out that way. I will have to replace the screws though and I have not found anywhere that tells me the thread type. I think they were Torx 20 heads, but I cant find torx screws locally so I want to make sure I know the right type before I order any.

I haven't tackled the other codes yet, but if anyone has any insight on those that would be great too.

Thanks a lot!
Old 05-26-2011, 09:38 AM
Calderone
Le Mans Master

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Hi Z, they are special, i tried to replace mine as well but they were not available at all
i think you will have to buy them used or from a salvage yard.
They are a real problem to have that exclusive size !
Check this thread
Old 05-26-2011, 10:23 AM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

You should be able to replace them with allen headed screws or regular screws. Just pull out one of the other screws, take it to OSH and match the threads with an allen. I'm sure you know you need to losen the tps screws, adjust the tps voltage and snug them up. Just tightening the screws doesn't increase the voltage.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:30 PM
Ztrip
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was able to get some 8-32UNC screws in there. Got my voltage set to 0.54 volts. It actually made my revs surge even more than they were before, but at least I know the problem is not with the TPS. Time to move forward with the next codes. Thanks for the replies!

Get notified of new replies

To Crossfire TPS Torx screws thread type? / Codes pulled

Quick Reply: Crossfire TPS Torx screws thread type? / Codes pulled