C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

source of rubber bushings

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 12:57 AM
leego
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default source of rubber bushings

Does anyone know of a source for rubber bushings for my 96 LT1? I can only find the polygraphite one. Thanks for your help in advance.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:01 AM
TheCorvetteKid
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you looking for front or rear rubber bushings?

I don't think you can purchase OEM-style rubber bushings for the rear suspension (GM only sells the suspension components with the rubber bushings installed). I'm not certain this is the same for the the front suspension, but I'd would assume so.

Why don't you want to use polyurethane/polygraphite bushings? They provide a better ride, last longer, and maintain the suspension's geometry for better handling. Seems like a far better option in all respects.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:59 AM
bwiencek
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check the local parts stores - I've gotten them for other vehicles so I'd hazzard to guess that they're available for the C4. Also - a lot of the better quality ones will be a soft polyurathane as a replacement - not as hard as the 'performance' ones but firmer than the stock rubber ones and will last longer and not deform like rubber. They won't change the ride quality hardly at all - plus the cost is a tiny bit more than rubber and really if you're doing all the labor then why not put something in that's better riding than stock!
Old 05-28-2011, 01:17 PM
DWC4
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

dumb question I'm sure but what bushings are key to replace, I'll be doing KYB shocks soon and want to replace as many as possible, car squeaks going over speed bumps for one thing, all original '92 with 170K. I see complete kits at Ecklers for $200 but doubt I can do ALL that, just want to do most critical ones for handling/ride and stop that NOISE if possible. thanks.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:54 PM
aboatguy
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Last I checked the only OEM rubber bushings available for C4s are complete suspesion pieces IE (dogbones and upper/lower a-arms) one of the sponsors sells them at a reasonable price.

Mik

Get notified of new replies

To source of rubber bushings

Quick Reply: source of rubber bushings