C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Bose CD section not working

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 11:08 PM
xphnmn
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bose CD section not working

My 94 has the Bose with cd and cassette. The Cd section doesn't work (won't pull in a cd) so I've been thinking about putting in an indash navigation stereo/dvd player. The one I've been looking at is the Alpine INA-W900 navigation receiver from Crutchfield. I spoke with one of their sales people and he said it would work with the Bose amp behind the passenger seat with just a harness adapter and the included GPS antenna. Anybody out there tried this or a similar conversion? Is he just blowing smoke so I'll buy it?
Old 04-30-2011, 05:49 AM
TWISTERUP
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bose uses a control head in dash--behind passenger seat is the receiver/tuner (not a amp)--each speaker has it's own amp.
I installed a Pioneer nav. system with Infinity Kappa speakers in mine-ran new speaker wires and used a antenna lead adapter from the oem tuner to the new in dash unit. It works great and I like it.
There is a adapter harness available to run the OEM antenna lead and speaker wires from the receiver to the new dash head unit, I don't know how well that works with the amplified Bose speakers because I replaced mine with aftermarket.

There is a audio/electronics section here on the forum with many C4 radio install threads/posts. Also if you want to keep your Bose--many here have used "Doctor Bobs" (I think that's correct) to repair their Bose systems and the members seem pleased with the work.

Here's a link to doctor dons (not bobs oops) http://www.doctordons.com/

Last edited by TWISTERUP; 04-30-2011 at 05:55 AM.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:03 AM
ecorse66
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dr. Don fixed mine! Great work, received my radio in less than 10 days from shipment to return.

Dave T.

Get notified of new replies

To Bose CD section not working

Quick Reply: Bose CD section not working