C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

How to read datamaster data?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 01:01 PM
hz900
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default How to read datamaster data?

Tuning noob here so forgive me. I've got the datamaster software installed on my laptop and the ALDL cable. I am going to log some data this evening and would like to know if you guys can let me know what to look for or a website that explains what everything is and what its supposed to be under optimal situations and the safe +/- variance from that.

Also I know that I have to have the Tunerpro software to make updates to the chip (its already a custom chip from PCMforless). Does Tunerpro allow you to simply upload the new program through the ALDL cable or will I need something more?
Old 02-17-2011, 09:07 PM
DBall
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can go on line for TTS datamaster and get info on their software. Reading all the parameters is straightforward. TunerPro allows you to change the parameters in the software and save it as a new bin file (tune) which you then re-burn to the piggy back chip from Pcmforless, using a Moates burn 1 system or equivalent, and this piggy back chip now has your new tune to install on your E prom in the computer. You may want to contact Moates.net and get a few blank chips to have for different tunes as you dial in your engine without always going to the computer after a datalog run. Good Luck !
Old 02-27-2011, 10:20 AM
90C4sRule
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Scanning 90 Vette

How is your scanning going? I have been trying to scan with Tunerpro but the software does not talk to my ECM. Let me know what you figure out. Likewise I will let you know if I figure out how to tweek TP or find another program to use.

I guess 90's and 91's have issues because of the ECM has to talk to both the PCM and the dash.

Get notified of new replies

To How to read datamaster data?

Quick Reply: How to read datamaster data?