C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Procharger for L98

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 07:09 PM
bookimdano
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Procharger for L98

While I've seen some posts about supercharging, I haven't seen too many for my L98.

http://www.shopsupercharger.com/p-11...-1-system.aspx

Has anyone used this particular kit? At roughly $30/HP it's not exactly a bargain, but it seems like a pretty good kit- fairly easy, high fun factor, etc., etc. Tho it looks like there aren't so many SC kits for this motor left.

I welcome any and all comments....

Last edited by bookimdano; 11-09-2010 at 07:12 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:42 PM
90Indy
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do not have any experience with the ProCharger D-1 but I did purchase their smaller P600B kit and found it to be much more time consuming to install than they led me to believe. Also, knowing what I know now, I personally would not advise anyone to install a 10 psi system on a stock L98. I think for nearly a $6,000.00 investment you would be better off building a stroker motor. There are so many variables when you run forced induction that you really need to think it through.

I wound up with a purpose built low compression forged 383 running 11 psi boost and couldn't be happier. Of course you will get all sorts of opinions and I am not saying they are wrong. I am just saying that if you are not committed to FI, I think you will be disappointed with the amount of cash you spend, the unforseen problems and the very real potential of major engine damage.

Good luck in whatever you decide,

90Indy

PS: You may want to post this over in the FI Section for a better response.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:55 PM
GREGGPENN
Race Director

Received 399 Likes on 327 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by 90Indy
I personally would not advise anyone to install a 10 psi system on a stock L98. I think for nearly a $6,000.00 investment you would be better off building a stroker motor.

A stroker gets you all that power without waiting. Probably more when compared to FI on a stock L98. On demand any time you want. Plus, with zero miles on a stroker motor, your investment goes much, much further.

Yours was my first thought as well. After some reading, I went the 383 route. And, I'm VERY glad I did.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:07 PM
Calderone
Le Mans Master

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

And what about a procharger over the 383 stroker ?
Old 04-18-2011, 09:13 PM
AKS Racing
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Properly done, plan to spend 2.5X kit cost to have a complete FI engine. If you are truly going to stay at 6-8 psi, then the kit can be done alone. However most do not stay at the 6-8 psi range for long. We always seem to want more.

The kit you are looking at is very similar to what I started with many years ago. As mentioned above, visit the FI/N2O area for more discussions.

Get notified of new replies

To Procharger for L98

Quick Reply: Procharger for L98