C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Roller Rockers For LT1 Center Bolt Heads

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 02:47 PM
Buddyvette
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roller Rockers For LT1 Center Bolt Heads

What aftermarket full roller rockers (7/16 stud, non self aligning) work with the LT1 center bolt heads? Comp Cams Pro Magnum rockers are one that I know of, but what others are out there?
Old 09-03-2010, 11:07 PM
lushdrunk
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not a professional, and some of this could be wrong. But I did learn a little when I installed roller rockers on my Lt1.

The OEM stud size is 3/8" and you need self aligning rockers or you will need to use guide plates. The rockers must be a "narrow body" design to work with center bolt valve covers and OEM valve covers need the baffles removed for the extra clearance needed.

Proform makes an aluminum roller rocker that seems to be quite popular with the centerbolt guys and runs under $180 per set from both summit and jegs, Or at least they where a couple of years ago when I was looking for mine.

I purchased my 1.6 stainless steel roller rockers off ebay for $119 shipped to my door. They are cheapo knock off's, But they have worked well for me over the years and the quality was better then I expected. I originally put them on a Barnes & Reese short block with ported Lt1 heads, But after approx 7K miles one of the wrist pins broke and destroyed the block and heads. Now I have them installed on my otherwise stock 94 Lt1, And have put close to 10K miles on them.

But any SBC roller rocker with a 3/8" stud and narrow body design will work with centerbolt valve covers. Oh and don't forget to change your springs as well, The LT4 springs work well.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:29 PM
STL94LT1
Race Director

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts

Scorpion, Crane, ect. I would imagine all of the 7/16" SBC RR's would work.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Buddyvette
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the responses. Just wanted to be sure since these manufacturers list these rockers for Gen I engines only and not The Gen II LTx's, but other threads have discussed using Scorpian, Harland Sharp, etc.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:34 PM
aboatguy
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I've been running 7/16" 1.6:1 NSA Stainless Comp promags on my DD since early in 2005.....

However, many folks swear by scorpians, crane golds...etc
Ensure you get the correct guideplates and pushrods...seems like lots of folks on these forums end up with valvetrain geometry issues

Mike

Get notified of new replies

To Roller Rockers For LT1 Center Bolt Heads

Quick Reply: Roller Rockers For LT1 Center Bolt Heads