C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1994 power seat problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 10:41 PM
fueler
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1994 power seat problems

I recently bought a 94 convertible with 70k that had been sitting for 3 years after the previous owner passed away. The passenger power seat doesn't not work up/ down or back and forth. The power lumbar does not work either but I think it might be two seperate problems. Has anybody else had the same problem? Any ideas on trouble shooting these problems?? Also do I need to remove my x brace to change my transmission fluid and filter?

Thanks
Old 08-02-2010, 01:12 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,959 Posts

Could it be a bad switch? I don't know what to tell you. Perhaps you should take off the seat itself and get to the harness below and see if it is getting power or not.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:08 PM
94vettelover2
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On my 94,the lumbar does not inflate on either side.I'm assuming it doesn't work on either side on your car.I checked mine & found out the lumbar pump is bad but I have not replaced it because I'm still laid off & that pump is $270When money is not as tight(get a damn job) I'm going to see if it can be rebuilt.The lumbar pump is a cylinder shaped object(if I remember correctly) under the passenger seat.The lower passenger seat pad/cushion can easily be removed so you don't have to remove the entire seat-theres a clip at front of the seat that needs to be undone then the cushion comes right out.Use a volt meter or test light to see if getting power+ to the lumbar pump.I think its just a connector with only 2 wires so it should be easy to check.Just make sure you press 1 of the inflate switches while having 1 end of the test light to a good ground- & the postive+ end of the test light on 1 end of the lumbar pump connector.Do a similar test for the seat motor.Check fuses before any above tests.Keep us updated

Get notified of new replies

To 1994 power seat problems

Quick Reply: 1994 power seat problems