C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

[SCAM ALERT!!!] vetteexhaust.com, aka, VanDerzanden Engineering, aka Import Eater

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2002, 01:05 PM
Fastguy
Team Owner

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'05

Default [SCAM ALERT!!!] vetteexhaust.com, aka, VanDerzanden Engineering, aka Import Eater

Ok, I have had enough and I don't want anyone else to get taken by this crook. At the beginning of November, I saw a new exhaust and header kit on ebay for $565, it didn't sell so I e-mailed the seller and discussed buying the system. He directed me to his website (www.vetteexhaust.com)and it looked like a decent system. There was an upgrade option for $200 for Hooker Super Comps so I added that in. He said he had SC's on his car so I assumed they would fit his sytem.We discussed coating and he said he would sell the system for $780, and have the headers shipped to Jet Hot. I would then be billed $179 by JH for triple in and out coating.

On Nov 6, I sent him $780. On Nov 9, I get an e-mail saying he isn't shipping them to JH, he can get them done locally for $219 and I won't have to pay shipping twice. It sounded reasonable so I sent another $219. Now, for those bad at math, we are up to $999. I was told I would have everything in 7-10 days,(Nov 16-19). On Dec 5, I get the headers, FROM SUMMIT!!!!! The shipping slip was still in it, they were $449.95, so I paid $419 to "upgrade" to $450 headers. The exhaust was nowhere to be found. On Dec 20 I sent an e-mail inquiring about my parts. I got a box of parts the last week of Dec but the center pipes were missing. I e-mailed again, and was told I would have them in a few days, and if I didn't, he would send me the tracking number. Well, they didn't show up so I e-mailed him but never got a tracking number. I finally got them in the middle of January.

While waiting for the pipes, I inspected the other parts and found that the tips had to be welded on. To make them fit, you have to grind out the opening wih a carbide burr, slip it over the muffler, and weld them, which was not disclosed anywhere. I assumed this was a bolt on kit. The box also contained two strips of metal, I was told that these were the "hangers" :rolleyes: , which I was supposed to bend into shape, and then weld to the factory hanger. Also in the box were two head pipes, two muffler pipes, two Dynamaxx mufflers and the world's cheesiest exhaust clamps.

At this point, I just wanted to put my car together. I had inquired on the forum during this time about the system, asking if anyone had used it. No one posted but I got IM'd by "Import Eater" telling me how great the system was and that he had one on his car, but that he DIDN'T have Super Comps because he couldn't afford them. I later found out, Import Eater IS Kyle VanDerzanden.

So, I finally was able to buy another vehicle just in case I had problems, since the 88 is my daily driver. March 9 I went to put the headers on and they fit great. I then went to install the exhaust, and it wasn't even remotely close. I logged onto his website and checked to see what I was doing wrong. The car on his site (his) had cheap steel headers that ended in completely different places and angles. It appeared that I was sent the wrong pipes. I called and left a message, I posted on HIS exhaust forum, I e-mailed him. No reply. I posted on the forum and someone that knew him told him to get in touch with me.

He finally calls me on Thursday March 14, after I had not had my car all week and tells me it was the fault of a guy that works for him, he was doing shoddy work. He suggested that I have the car towed to a shop, at my expense, pay to have new head pipes made, at my expense, and then forward the bill to him. YEAH RIGHT!!!I told him at this point I just wanted my money back, I wasn't spending anoher dime on this system. I wanted my $999 minus $450 for the headers, for a total of $550, and that I would ship his "system" back at MY cost. At this point he tells me he is going out of business and only has $400 and a list of other people with bad exhausts so he can't give me my money back.

I find it hard to believe a grown man can't come up with $150. I was really angry at this point but I gave him one last chance. He said he would get the correct pipes made up and call me the next day. Well, that was a week ago, and I haven't heard back so I am just going to have to install this sytem and make head pipes.

I am actually quite good at fabricating, and unlike Kyle, I can actually make custom pipes, so that is what I am going to have to do since he totally screwed me. I paid a fortune for a system that took forever to get here and doesn't fit. I wanted a bolt on system, instead, I have to weld and fabricate. If I wanted to do that, I could have built a stainless system for less money. I know this is long but I really don't want anyone else to get taken by this guy. And Kyle, before you state that this is a lie, like you did to the guy on ebay with the same problem I have, I saved all of your e-mails and the shipping slips from the parts. I'm also glad to see that even though you can't find $150, you have plenty of money to spend on ebay on parts. http://cgi2.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-c...andengineering
:mad

[Modified by Fastguy, 12:40 PM 3/21/2002]
Old 03-21-2002, 01:13 PM
scorp508
Team Owner

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Default Re: [SCAM ALERT!!!] vetteexhaust.com, aka, VanDerzanden Engineering, aka Import Eater (Fastguy)

Hmm....

Items Bid on By vandengineering@aol.com

Check out that bad feedback.

Feedback for him

On this item.
Old 03-21-2002, 01:19 PM
scorp508
Team Owner

Hey fastguy, look what I found. Do you have a dartboard at home?

Kyle VanDerzanden / Importeater

[Modified by scorp508, 12:24 PM 3/21/2002]

[Modified by scorp508, 12:31 PM 3/21/2002]
Old 03-21-2002, 01:20 PM
Mr. Magoo
Team Owner

Received 94 Likes on 40 Posts
2018 C4 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'08-'09

Default Re: [SCAM ALERT!!!] vetteexhaust.com, aka, VanDerzanden Engineering, aka Import Eater (Fastguy)

What a dick! :mad
Old 03-21-2002, 01:38 PM
CFI-EFI
Race Director

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

OUCH!!! I had responded to your last post on this subject. I've been waiting for this follow up, because I thought his system might be a way to connect MY Hookers. I hope the Hookers you got were the 2149's. They ARE coated, with smog hook-ups, and Summit's regular price IS $449.00. You paid $200.00 for the Hooker up-grade and another $219.00 for the coating. My math is fairly good. That sounds like a total of $419.00 in header up-grades. $449.00 minus $419.00 is $30.00. I wonder what the "standard" headers in his kit were for $30.00??? He doesn't have the "extra" $150.00 to make it right with you, but he's going to pay a tow bill and the charges to fix it? Where would THAT money come from? What a RIP!

I should see if he's got any more of those $30.00 headers to sell. BTW is your offer on your temporary "Y" pipe still good? If it is, I'd like to have it.
Old 03-21-2002, 01:41 PM
scorp508
Team Owner

Default Re: [SCAM ALERT!!!] vetteexhaust.com, aka, VanDerzanden Engineering, aka Import Eater (CFI-EFI)

He doesn't have the "extra" $150.00 to make it right with you, but he's going to pay a tow bill and the charges to fix it? Where would THAT money come from? What a RIP!
No kidding, and he has spent $229.46 on eBay since March 6th.

[Modified by scorp508, 12:41 PM 3/21/2002]
Old 03-21-2002, 01:42 PM
Fastguy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'05

Default Re: [SCAM ALERT!!!] vetteexhaust.com, aka, VanDerzanden Engineering, aka Import Eater (CFI-EFI)

I probably won't make a headpipe now since I can't return this system. I will use up the "free lift access" favor to fabricate new head pipes to make this junk work. Sorry. I had lots of fun today pulling the plow off my truck after plowing all night so I could drive it to work on the highway. :mad
Old 03-21-2002, 01:43 PM
bigdan
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (scorp508)

hey post the pics & his email on a gay site, that would be a hoot ! :lol:
Old 03-21-2002, 01:46 PM
Mr. Magoo
Team Owner

Received 94 Likes on 40 Posts
2018 C4 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'08-'09

Default Re: (bigdan)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 03-21-2002, 01:47 PM
Fastguy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'05

Even though that would be entertaining,:), I really just want to let people know how he does "business". I'm not vindictive, I just hate scam artists in the Corvette Community preying on the sense of kinship among Vette owners. I have bought and sold a LOT of parts here and on ebay and have never screwed anyone or gotten screwed by a fellow Vette owner, but I guess there is a first time for everything. :rolleyes:
Old 03-21-2002, 01:48 PM
ConeKLR
Safety Car

Cruise-In II Veteran

Thanks for the heads up.

Old 03-21-2002, 01:49 PM
CFI-EFI
Race Director

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

It looks like that's where these CAME from.
Old 03-21-2002, 01:50 PM
War Machine
Le Mans Master

Location: Airport Cruise-in 1 Veteran Airport Cruise-in 2 Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In II Veteran
Default Re: [SCAM ALERT!!!] vetteexhaust.com, aka, VanDerzanden Engineering, aka Import Eater (Mr. Magoo)

:mad :smash: :cuss :nono: :nonod:

Old 03-21-2002, 01:50 PM
Fastguy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'05

Default Re: (CFI-EFI)

Scorp is now demonstrating that you don't want to anger someone who is friends with a bored computer geek.:)
Old 03-21-2002, 01:53 PM
scorp508
Team Owner

Scorp is now demonstrating that you don't want to anger someone who is friends with a bored computer geek.:)
:blueangel: Just lemme know when to let the addresses and #s fly. :blueangel:
Old 03-21-2002, 01:55 PM
Fastguy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'05

No, I'm done with this guy. He has wasted enough of my time and isn't worth spending any more on. I was patient and hoped for the best but now its time to work with what I have.
Old 03-21-2002, 02:00 PM
scorp508
Team Owner

Ok, can I still have fun? I just notified http://www.corvetteclub.org.uk about him and advised it might be best to pull his link off of their website.

Get notified of new replies

To [SCAM ALERT!!!] vetteexhaust.com, aka, VanDerzanden Engineering, aka Import Eater

Old 03-21-2002, 02:02 PM
Fastguy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'05

I don't see why they would have to pull his link. I mean after all, according to him,he IS going out of business. :rolleyes:
Old 03-21-2002, 02:11 PM
ZylaRace
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Must be hell going through life w/ a small dick. Maybe someday he will come to terms w/ it.
Old 03-21-2002, 02:14 PM
TrueBlue ChevyDude
Drifting

Location: Brandywine, Chester and Ridley Valleys Pennsylvania

Default Re: (Fastguy)

I guess this loser spends all of his money on cheap steroids that make your body retain more water than a dromedary camel...

:cheers: to Fastguy for being able to let it go... I know I couldn't do that... But I'm sure he'll try to burn someone else, and get nailed for it...

Quick Reply: [SCAM ALERT!!!] vetteexhaust.com, aka, VanDerzanden Engineering, aka Import Eater