C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Start up problems..

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2002, 04:18 PM
TopDown
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Start up problems..

I have an 89 that every so often when i go to start it up, it will die right away. If I feather the peddle to give her more gas for a couple of seconds she picks up and stays idling. It is really annoying! Also, after I shut her off I can hear a gurgling noise coming from the tpi area. I have checked for fuel leaks and can't seem to locate any.
Does any one have any clue? My engine is stock except for a cut lid, descreened maf....

Thanks!
Old 03-09-2002, 06:14 PM
SupaVette
Racer

Default Re: Start up problems.. (TopDown)

I could be that it is too rich, had a similar problem with one of my vette's and that was the fault
Old 03-09-2002, 06:25 PM
JonM
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Start up problems.. (TopDown)

When was the last time you tuned it up (plugs, wires, cap, rotor, coil), changed the fuel filter, checked and cleaned the IAC, EGR, Checked the voltage in the TPS or checked the fuel pressure or checked the injectors for leakage? Preventive maintainence is the key.
Old 03-09-2002, 06:35 PM
TopDown
Heel & Toe

Default Re: Start up problems.. (JonM)

I just went through a couple months ago and gave her a tune up. Today I pulled the tb and cleaned it out....what a black mess there was! I also noticed thatthe blades were sticking, but after an hour, i can of gumout, and 2 toothbrushes later the tb is sparkling clean! I also noticed there was a small hose not attached to the bottom of the tb as I was unhooking everything! I am putting it all back together as we speak. Hopefully it takes care of the problem.
and Thanks guys!

Everything runs great, I have a lighty better idle...a little more steady...I guess I will have to wait until it happens again to know if I fixed t!

[Modified by TopDown, 4:42 PM 3/9/2002]

Get notified of new replies

To Start up problems..

Quick Reply: Start up problems..