C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Memcal interchangeability for 93 LT1

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 12:32 PM
scotth48
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Memcal interchangeability for 93 LT1

My memcal broadcast code for my 93 LT1 is a BAFL for a six speed. I want to get a used memcal to place a new chip on it to program and leave my current one in stock condition. The question, will a 92-93 memcal work that is from a firebird, camaro manual or automatic LT1, since I would be taking the eprom off and putting a new socket and replaceable chip on work to program. I guess the other portion of the socket contains the knock sensor information, so is that portion of the socket the same for use with the various broadcast code memcal codes?? Am I making any sense on this?
scott
Old 11-02-2009, 05:50 PM
rodj
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

You usually hang a stock memcal off a adapter that carries the new tune on reprogrammable eprom chip therefore no mods are done to the stock calibration

http://www.moates.net/product_info.p...products_id=32

http://www.moates.net/product_info.p...products_id=39
Old 11-02-2009, 05:56 PM
scotth48
Burning Brakes

I am under the impression that there is two ways to do this. 1. use an adapter in conjunction with the stock eprom and 2. Remove stock eprom put a zif socket in its place so you can use new chips that just plug in.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:41 PM
rodj
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by scotth48
I am under the impression that there is two ways to do this. 1. use an adapter in conjunction with the stock eprom and 2. Remove stock eprom put a zif socket in its place so you can use new chips that just plug in.
Either or.
Depends how capable you are of removing the stock chip and soldering a Zif socket in.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:01 AM
kalister1
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a new EEProm from Moates net along with the cable, software and socket. I then read the program from my SPARE memcal and saved it. I cut all the leads off the prom and removed them one by one with a solder iron.(I am the inspector in a SMT lab) I soldered the new EEProm back onto the memcal and used Moates socket and cable to burn the program from my original memcal into the spare.
My 93 has digital AC, the spare memcal I bought let the car run just fine, but the AC did not work. I am guessing that the car it came from did not have digital AC?
Old 11-10-2009, 10:38 AM
woodstock
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, if someone is looking for a spare LT1 93 memcal, I got one. Tested fine on the Autobahn in a 93 LT1 with 6 speed manual.
I got an auto memcal as well, if someone should need one.
Minor modifications to eprom no problem, if so desired.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:38 PM
scotth48
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by woodstock
Well, if someone is looking for a spare LT1 93 memcal, I got one. Tested fine on the Autobahn in a 93 LT1 with 6 speed manual.
I got an auto memcal as well, if someone should need one.
Minor modifications to eprom no problem, if so desired.
How much for the BAFL '93 six speed memcal? has anything been done to and is stock?

Get notified of new replies

To Memcal interchangeability for 93 LT1

Quick Reply: Memcal interchangeability for 93 LT1