C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Bad injectors???

Old 10-31-2009, 07:37 AM
RED BARON
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad injectors???

How can you tell if your injectors are really bad. Through the process of elimination, I am guessing this is going to be my problem. I have used an OHMS meter to test resistance across each one and got a reading on all 8 of them of 9 on the 1X scale on the meter. You can hear what sounds like them firing and feel them pulsing when you put put your finger on them. My fuel pressure is good all of my plugs, wires, cap, rotor and fuel filter have just been replaced and it is still running rough at idle and when the throttle is advanced.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:15 AM
FICINJECTORS
Supporting Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RED BARON
How can you tell if your injectors are really bad. Through the process of elimination, I am guessing this is going to be my problem. I have used an OHMS meter to test resistance across each one and got a reading on all 8 of them of 9 on the 1X scale on the meter. You can hear what sounds like them firing and feel them pulsing when you put put your finger on them. My fuel pressure is good all of my plugs, wires, cap, rotor and fuel filter have just been replaced and it is still running rough at idle and when the throttle is advanced.
if they all read 9 i would say they are bad as they should read 16. However, to have all at 9 would tell me your ohm meter or test procedure was wrong. I would think the odds of that are very high that all the coils are shorting the exact same.. Do it again, but test the ohm meter first.. If that is the true reading then call us we have new or rebuilt injectors at great prices,
Old 10-31-2009, 08:18 AM
AGENT 86
Race Director

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Did you do any pressure tests ?
What OHM numbers, did you get ?
You vette came with problematic injectors, there is a very good chance that they may be failing.
Jon at FIC can hook you up with reasonably priced injectors, if you find the need.
He has a sticky at the top of the tech section, have a look at it.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:19 AM
AGENT 86
Race Director

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Looks like I type slower than Jon can reply !!
Old 11-01-2009, 08:40 AM
Jimbo 89
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jon's "The Man" when it comes to injectors. Worked for me!!!
Old 11-08-2009, 08:16 PM
MK 82
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RED BARON
How about an answer? You ask for help. Get it and leave it hanging.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:04 PM
Calderone
Le Mans Master

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Act fast, get Jon's FICINJECTORS and forget the problem !
Did that and im very happy with them !
Old 11-09-2009, 10:19 AM
tomtom72
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'19, '21-'22-'23-'24

Default just some added data

If you have a big miss then check the plugs to see if it looks like gas is getting to the cylinders. I agree with Jon in that it is strange for all your ohm readings to be the same.

Or, if you have a scanner you can look to the fuel numbers the scanner gives you at idle in closed loop. If you have a FSM, in the 6E section there is a page that is a "snap shot" of what a normal motor looks like on a scanner. Just compare the info and post up the differences for us to look at so we can help diagnose the issue.

I would also say that the early mulitech injectors, before 92 or 93, were not designed to work with the methanol in the gas now. The result is that the methanol attacks the insulating epoxy in the coils and shorts them out causing the injector not to fire.

Tom

Get notified of new replies

To Bad injectors???

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bad injectors???