C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Wiper Cam Arm '85

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 09:24 PM
grapidssteve
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wiper Cam Arm '85

Would having the cam arm on the wiper control module pointing in the wrong place give me the following issue:

Wipers work in low and high speed, but not in the delay. Also, wipers will not park until the key is turned off.

I've searched the topic and I have the factory service manual, but I'm not able to quite figure this one out. About all I see is that the cam arm is supposed to point to a hole in the board. I'm wondering if I may have it misaligned and that is giving me these symptoms.

I was having issues where they were working intermittently, but now have that solved by, I think, snugging up the inboard torx screw and cleaning the metal contact that goes from that screw hole to the control board. I think I'm moving forward on this wiper issue.

Thanks for any and all replies.

Steve
Old 10-20-2009, 12:16 AM
cumbercr
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts

I had similar issues. I first thought I had a bad switch. Turned out to be the control module. I think its actually called the wiper motor control cover.

Quick Reply: Wiper Cam Arm '85