C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Has anyone used this opti Dragonfire

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 09:52 PM
blizzam
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

may as well dot this
Old 10-14-2009, 10:25 AM
Klondike
Team Owner

Received 110 Likes on 89 Posts

Couldn't be any worse than the over priced MSD I bought. Sure, the MSD is built like a tank and very nicely machined, sealed, ball bearings and all, then filled with cheap Chinese electronics! It would be just wonderful on a freaking tractor, 'cause it won't rev over 5k without cutting out. I could have had that level of performance for 300 fewer bucks!
Old 10-14-2009, 02:49 PM
onedef92
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

Why, no. No, I have not. Looks like there's no 1992-93 application, though. Once again, early Opti owners get played like a wet food stamp on "Mother's Day" by the aftermarket.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:02 PM
Klondike
Team Owner

Received 110 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by onedef92
Once again, early Opti owners get played like a wet food stamp on "Mother's Day" by the aftermarket.
I'm sure you've heard all the advice : You could upgrade to a 96 front cover and cam drive.....blah blah blah....
What's next, a crutch, one sneaker and cardboard sign that reads.." NEED OPTISPARK ! ANYTHING WILL HELP. BLESS YOU!"
I feel your pain Bro!
Old 10-14-2009, 11:12 PM
LT1*C4
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by onedef92
Why, no. No, I have not. Looks like there's no 1992-93 application, though. Once again, early Opti owners get played like a wet food stamp on "Mother's Day" by the aftermarket.
If I'm not mistaken, they do offer their "dragon-fire" opti for the early '92-94 LT1's. It goes for $299.

Here's the link: http://all-ignition.com/gen1-df-lt1.html

Just a reminder though, if you look up a couple posts, you'll see the response they gave me in regards to where their opti's are made. Apparently the machining is done "overseas" but the electronic components are all made in the US. That may or may not be an issue for you ...

I did order a "stock" GM delco from "All Ignition" a week or two ago and it arrived within days. It is indeed a genuine Delco piece and has the correct part number engraved on the side. I'll be able to finish my optispark installation this weekend and will post my results. Hopefully all goes well and the new one will last another 17 years like the original did. Wishfull thinking on my part, I know

Last edited by LT1*C4; 10-14-2009 at 11:15 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:12 AM
rickneworleansla
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LT1*C4
I did order a "stock" GM delco from "All Ignition" a week or two ago and it arrived within days. It is indeed a genuine Delco piece and has the correct part number engraved on the side. I'll be able to finish my optispark installation this weekend and will post my results. Hopefully all goes well and the new one will last another 17 years like the original did. Wishfull thinking on my part, I know
If it's one of the fake ones they used to sell your lucky if it starts at all.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:38 AM
SK.LT1
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had excellent results from the MSD unit that I installed about two years ago.

Quick Reply: Has anyone used this opti Dragonfire