C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

VATS question

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 02:39 PM
pitchadude
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default VATS question

I open the door to get in and the security light blinks. I put the key in and it stops blinking. No security light at all. I turn key and she doesn't crank. Still no security light. Is this how the system supposed to work? Is it working properly? Thanks.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:51 PM
pcolt94
Le Mans Master

Received 197 Likes on 172 Posts

When I open my door on my 94 the security light flashes. When I get in and close the door it goes off. When I start the car it does not comes on again.

Now as you said, you put the key in and it stops blinking, is the door still open when the key is turned? If the door is opened the security light does go off.

Now, if the engine is not turning over when the key is turned, that is a problem. It might be VATS or a bad starter or something else. If VATS has activated it should set a code DTC 51,52, or 53 in module 1. It takes about 3 minutes for VATS to re-set for another try. If you have a bad starter it might not start at times also.

Sounds like you are actually having a starting problem.

Last edited by pcolt94; 08-13-2009 at 09:57 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:50 PM
pitchadude
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

New starter, new relay, the switch on clutch is working according to test light and ignition switch lights the light on the yellow wire also. Whats left VATS?
Old 08-13-2009, 10:01 PM
pcolt94
Le Mans Master

Received 197 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by pitchadude
I open the door to get in and the security light blinks. I put the key in and it stops blinking. No security light at all. I turn key and she doesn't crank. Still no security light. Is this how the system supposed to work? Is it working properly? Thanks.
Yes, thats how mine works also. Obvioulsy the engine should start at that point when the key is turned.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:02 PM
hmmorillo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It might just be dirty contacts on your key or the lock cylinder contacts. I was having all kinds of problems. Cleaned them both and no more issues to this date.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:19 AM
IRAraid
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VATS Check

Go to this thread, post #3.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-t...ts-system.html
Also, I've used a foam earplug to clean the tumbler. Don't use a swab as the filaments can get caught in the tumblers. And don't push the foam ear plug in too far. Mine got stuck and had to use tweezers to get it out.
Good luck.

Get notified of new replies

To VATS question

Quick Reply: VATS question