C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Elderbrock Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 09:33 AM
C4vettrn
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Elderbrock Shocks

Anyone ever run these on a Vette? How do they compare to the Belsteins? How can I tell if my shocks are original or not? One guy said if they have black boots instead of the blue there original. I have seen them for dale with the black boots new?
Old 07-26-2009, 09:44 PM
BADDUCK
Le Mans Master

Location: One day you're a Comet...the next day you're dust... Arkansas
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Never heard of 'em are you sure you have the spelling right?
Old 07-26-2009, 10:42 PM
Pwnage1337
Tech Contributor

Received 188 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by BADDUCK
Never heard of 'em are you sure you have the spelling right?
I'm pretty sure you know he means EDELBROCK.

I've heard of them before but never had anyone say anything about them.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:57 PM
MyFatNutz
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had them, did not like them. The rears were too stiff and the shock travel was reduced one inch (something to do with the IAS valve internally); shocks bottomed out over rough roads frequently. Pot holes were like kidney punches. My blown out bilsteins road better (but obviously bounced around like a 70's caddy).

I kept the edelbrocks on for less than 10k miles and replaced them with brand new bilstein HD's. The bilsteins were a significant ride improvement.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:44 AM
eddieL98
Pro

I did upgrade from the Monroe shock the previous owner installed and installed the Edelbrock's, I got a good deal on them. They handle pretty good but it is a rough ride if you are worried about that, lucky for me most of the roads are smooth in my area. Once I kill all the gremlins I have I will replace them with the Bilstein.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:39 AM
C4vettrn
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the replies on the EDELBROCK shocks. I am smarter than your average Bear, I just can't spell!
Old 07-27-2009, 06:18 PM
Caliburn
Advanced

I have had the IAS shocks for a couple of years now, and I like them. They replaced my stock FE1 Bilsteins on my '96. They are generally firmer, but handle large dispalcements better (once you hit the soft rebound circuit that allows the wheel to follow the road). I have had them on the track a couple times, and have not been dissapointed with my stock '96 FE1. These shocks are supposedly designed to be stiffer than oem applications to combat body roll, but handle larger impacts better using the IAS valve that opens on the rebound circuit to allow the tire to fllow the road following an impact. I am waiting to see how they act with my stock springs and new swaybars.

Get notified of new replies

To Elderbrock Shocks

Quick Reply: Elderbrock Shocks