C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Windshield Wiper delay headache!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 02:05 PM
Rbuet
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield Wiper delay headache!

1995 LT1. My wipers work fine, except for the Delay mode. When 'delaying' they park right in the middle of my windshield and it's annoying. After a few seconds of delay, they activate correctly and then go right back to the middle of my windshield to await the next cycle.

Turn the wipers off, and they park by the hood correctly. Put them on a steady (non-delay) setting and they work fine. Slow & fast speeds work fine. Washer works fine.

I have the FSM, but can't find a fix.

Any ideas (other than not driving in light rain)?

Ron
Old 06-10-2009, 03:48 PM
M. Schumacher
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

According to my reference, the park switch keeps the motor running until the sweep is complete. The park switch is inside the wiper motor. It's a replaceable part if you can find one. The park switch is also supposed to be involved in low speed operation, so it's curious that your lows still work okay.

I'd suggest following the troubleshooting procedure in the FSM to very that the correct voltages are present. Then give the switch a shot. It's a lot cheaper than a new motor.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:15 PM
Rbuet
Advanced

Default Where can I buy the wiper park switch?

I have been looking around, but can not find a listing for the wiper park switch. Anyone with an idea on where I can buy one?
Old 06-12-2009, 06:25 PM
aminnich
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Rbuet
I have been looking around, but can not find a listing for the wiper park switch. Anyone with an idea on where I can buy one?
Try Chris at 770-546-3504
Old 06-22-2009, 06:09 AM
ddahlgren
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

I have a similar problem in that they work always in high sometimes on low and delay and sometimes park and sometimes not. Did the checklist in FSM and the switch seems ok on the steering column. Did the volage checks at the motor and seems ok and the FSM does seem to break it down to replace motor park sw or the cover with the control in it. Seems like low delay and park all use the park sw motor cover and low speed windings on the motor. My gut feel is park sw as they don'y park no matter what speed. I played with the connector on the side that goes to the park sw and they magically parked. Cleaned termials in connector and motor with contact cleaner played around with a bit more tension on the pins and no better result. Any ideas?
Dave
Old 06-23-2009, 02:30 PM
Bullyj
Burning Brakes

I had A similar problem on my 85. The wipers would delay eractly and when I turned the wipers off it might take 2 or 3 minutes for them to shut off or I would have to turn the car off and back on. The problem ended up being the wiper regulator on the front of the wiper motor. I believe it cost about A 100bux. It's attached with 4 torx bolts, 3 are easy enough to remove but the 4th I had to take torx bit taped on an ignition wrench to get it on the bolt head.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:24 AM
oldalaskaman
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

The Gm part number is 22063283 which supersedes 22039693 that they had problems with. there's 3or4 online companies, including a guy on E-bay that carry it . prices from $24 -$67 depending on wether its new , used , or the old style. The ones for $35 seem to be the new style. make sure you check part numbers or you may wind up with the same prob. with the new switch. hope this helps.

Get notified of new replies

To Windshield Wiper delay headache!

Quick Reply: Windshield Wiper delay headache!