C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

A/C clutch failure and redemption

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 03:19 AM
RatC4
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A/C clutch failure and redemption

I drove down to Los Angeles from Oakland over the weekend. The a/c compressor clutch died a smelly death and mortally wounded the pulley bearing. Nobody had one in stock in L.A. It started to make really terrible sounds on the way home. I stopped at a small auto repair shop on 58 near Bakersfield. The guy, Ryan of Ryan's Automotive had a used Denso compressor of unknown heritage. The damn clutch bolted right on. He let me use his tools and helped. He wanted $20.00. I gave him $40.00. It was about a 45 minute detour. Fortune smiled upon me.

Old 05-21-2009, 06:54 AM
jeffp1167
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RatC4
I drove down to Los Angeles from Oakland over the weekend. The a/c compressor clutch died a smelly death and mortally wounded the pulley bearing. Nobody had one in stock in L.A. It started to make really terrible sounds on the way home. I stopped at a small auto repair shop on 58 near Bakersfield. The guy, Ryan of Ryan's Automotive had a used Denso compressor of unknown heritage. The damn clutch bolted right on. He let me use his tools and helped. He wanted $20.00. I gave him $40.00. It was about a 45 minute detour. Fortune smiled upon me.

Nice! one that might be worse then mine. be glad the clutches are about 250 or a compressor with clutch 450-550.

heres mine

Quick Reply: A/C clutch failure and redemption