C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1995 Coolant Leak Right Side of Block

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 07:28 PM
stvyrayvhn
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Coolant Leak Right Side of Block

Hi All,
I have a major coolant leak out of the right side of the block. It looks like it is coming from above the starter. Any thoughts? It's not the knock sensor, that's easy to see. I can see another sensor around the exhaust manifold between the back two cylinders.

Thanks,
Larry
Old 04-17-2009, 09:01 PM
F1Fan
Drifting

Received 87 Likes on 61 Posts

There is a "cross over" tube between the heads back there, try to determine if it's leaking at the fitting on the back of the head, otherwise, thats right where my head gasket blew (alot of coolant came out too). Check out the oil too, to make sure you don't have coolant circulating in it.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:03 AM
stvyrayvhn
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by F1Fan
There is a "cross over" tube between the heads back there, try to determine if it's leaking at the fitting on the back of the head, otherwise, thats right where my head gasket blew (alot of coolant came out too). Check out the oil too, to make sure you don't have coolant circulating in it.
Yeah I didn't see any water in the oil. I'm going to pull the starter out in a few minutes.

Thanks,
Larry
Old 04-18-2009, 08:55 AM
stvyrayvhn
Heel & Toe

Pulled the starter out and the freeze plug hit me in the head. That's why I was draining all of the fluid. Trying to figure out the best way to get it back in now.

BTW - GM puts the starter bolts in the best location. Just kidding...

-Larry

Originally Posted by stvyrayvhn
Yeah I didn't see any water in the oil. I'm going to pull the starter out in a few minutes.

Thanks,
Larry

Get notified of new replies

To 1995 Coolant Leak Right Side of Block

Quick Reply: 1995 Coolant Leak Right Side of Block