C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Lowering Front: Sanding Bushings

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 02:04 PM
Chris Kennedy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering Front: Sanding Bushings

Hi!

Awhile ago I posted a question on lowering the front end on my '89, and several of you mentioned that you had simply sanded the front spring cushion/bushing down, rather than using one of those replacement wedge kits that you see for sale by all the catalog companies. This sounds like the way to go, and I am wondering if those of you who did this could give me some guidelines on how much to sand/leave (I was thinking of using one of the replacement wedges as some sort of guide, although it's made out of polyuerethane instead of rubber, which might compress more), and whether you had any suggestions/pointers or things to be careful of etc., or any subsequent problems. I am only looking to lower the front by about 3/4s to 1 inch.

Many thanks!

/s/ Chris Kennedy
Old 04-17-2009, 02:46 PM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 389 Likes on 321 Posts

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-t...-lowering.html
Old 04-17-2009, 06:14 PM
Chris Kennedy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Many thanks! I think at least one of the lessons I learned from what you posted is that the wedges tend to crush, and might not be a good idea---Correct? Also, it appears that simply sanding down the existing rubber bushings works best. About how far above the spring should you sand them down to?

Thanks,
/s/ Chris

Get notified of new replies

To Lowering Front: Sanding Bushings

Quick Reply: Lowering Front: Sanding Bushings