C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Odd signal from dash

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2002, 02:22 AM
Lars1992
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odd signal from dash

Can anyone identify this? On my 92 I just started experiencing the numbers 545 flashing from my instrument panel were you read water temp, oil temp, and volts. It's not there all the time. It flashes 545 a few times and then goes back to whatever reading it was last selected to read. It will sometimes do it at start up. Other times it will do it while you are crusing along. The rest of the instument panel and the DIC appear normal. One more thing. The numbers 545 are not the normal type of numbers you would see. They appear to be somewhat oddly shaped but look like 545. Anyone experience this?
Old 01-31-2002, 03:10 AM
gcrouse
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Odd signal from dash (Lars1992)

Ok I don't have the new dash, but it's late at night and I'm bored so here's a wild guess:

Since you said the numbers don't look quite right, could it be "SRS" as in supplemental restraint system (airbag)?
Old 01-31-2002, 03:22 AM
Dualnic
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SYS is what i would lean to.
Old 01-31-2002, 01:16 PM
behnevette
Pro

Lars, that's definitely the "SYS" (System Error) indicator which is your CCM(Central Control Module) telling you that it is detecting a fault code. From other posts in the forum, it seems that the most common problem is a low battery, but in my '92, I got it from removing my Bose for repair and then upon reinstallation, I apparently didn't reseat my connectors properly, which resulted in a LCD Dimming Output Circuit Fault. Have you done anything with your stereo recently?
Old 01-31-2002, 04:29 PM
Lars1992
Navigator

Default Re: Odd signal from dash (behnevette)

I think you hit it right on the nose. A couple of months ago I disconneced the selective ride module because I was tired of looking at the warning on the DIC panel. I was getting the warning beacuse of a shock absorber that had a broken gear and was giving me a fault code. I am researching whether I want to send the shocks to Bilstein in San Diego for repair or just go with another shock absorber system. A set of new Bilsteins for the FX3 system is way out in left field for my wallet.

As a new memebr I want to say how much I have learned and how much money I have saved so far. Thanks everyone for all your help.
Old 01-31-2002, 09:48 PM
Vette73
LS/MFT
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

Lars, check out my post at http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=226547 to see how to read the stored CCM codes (to be sure it's not something else).

Get notified of new replies

To Odd signal from dash

Quick Reply: Odd signal from dash