C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Transmission Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 12:19 AM
GR Motorsports
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Transmission Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need help desperately. The last few days i've noticed that my trans only shifts at very high rpms. Now it wont shift into 3rd(not even manually). When i checked the trans fluid (after running it for about 20 min) it looked low but after a half hour it looks ridiculously high. This is my DD so I need to figure this out quickly. Thanks for the help.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:21 AM
Pete K
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by gilrubio88
I need help desperately. The last few days i've noticed that my trans only shifts at very high rpms. Now it wont shift into 3rd(not even manually). When i checked the trans fluid (after running it for about 20 min) it looked low but after a half hour it looks ridiculously high. This is my DD so I need to figure this out quickly. Thanks for the help.
You lost the 3-4 clutch pack. Rebuild time.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:15 PM
GR Motorsports
Advanced

Someone was telling me that this is either caused by the excess amount of trans fluid or a problem with the vacuum line. Could this be the problem?
Old 03-23-2009, 07:07 PM
Pete K
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by gilrubio88
Someone was telling me that this is either caused by the excess amount of trans fluid or a problem with the vacuum line. Could this be the problem?
Your trans does not have a vacuum line.
The only way a trans can have too much fluid is if you over filled it, or the radiator cooler ruptured and filled the trans with coolant.
If you overfilled it, drain it down.
If it overfilled itself, order a new radiator before you overhaul the transmission.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:16 PM
GR Motorsports
Advanced

A few weeks ago my electric fans stopped working and the car started to overheat and coolant forced its way out of just about every hose so is it possible some got into the trans? Thanks for all your help Pete.

Get notified of new replies

To Transmission Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Transmission Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!