C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

where to buy new C68 heater/ac control for 88

Old 09-10-2011, 06:35 AM
mako41
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by GREGGPENN
Glad to see you do like to look for more economical solutions!

FWIW...Are you sure CC doesn't do their repairs onsite? At least in the past, they made more [aftermarket] parts themselves than other Corvette retailers. (Unless it was body parts -- which are specialized elsewhere.)

They also pay more money in advertising and to be a visible member of this forum. That would justify at least part of the ~$30 difference.

BTW: I know CC is a forum vendor. Not sure about the repair facility. Though I believe you can reference non-vendor facilities, you're not supposed to link directly to them....
What are you saying? I'm not supposed to post about my positive experience with a vendor that did an excellent job at a great price for a problem many C4 enthusiasts have had or will encounter in the future? Much better than the price advertised by a forum vendor by the way. And it was an $80.00 difference, not a $30.00 difference, with less than a week turn around time with shipping to and from included. And you get to reinstall the OEM part that was shipped with your vette when it was made at the factory in Bowling Green!

You can't mean that! Can you?

Sharing this information is why were all here. Right?

Thats why you posted about your cheap radiator, isn't it?

Do you think DeWitts, also a forum vendor, was upset with you for posting your experience with that cheap Chinese made radiator? Hey if someone can build a better mousetrap at a better price.... guess what they will get lots of business and we're all better off for it, forum vendor or not!

DeWitts also pays to be a forum vendor and it was mentioned in your Chinese radiator thread that may be why they charge more for their products. But the difference in this case is that CC is selling the exact same product for significantly more money while DeWitts is selling a vastly superior product for more money. If you could have bought a DeWitts radiator for the same price, or say $80.00 less, than the cheap Chinese radiator you bought wouldn't you have just gone with the better product?
Hmmm! Think about it!

And for the record a more economical solution for the exact same part or service is not the same as a cheap made in China alternative for any autopart. I'll say it one more time, sometimes you get what you pay for!

Last edited by mako41; 09-10-2011 at 07:03 AM.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:48 AM
mako41
Pro

Originally Posted by Caboboy
I don't see anything about a C68 repair on their website. Do you need to call them or am I just missing something?
Yes you need to call them and give them the GM part # of the unit you want repaired, they will give you an estimate and after they receive the part and take a look at it they will call if their estimate is good to go. I was told it would be between $100.00 and $150.00 to repair my control head and was charged $120.00 for my unit.

Last edited by mako41; 09-10-2011 at 02:14 PM.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:22 AM
GREGGPENN
Race Director

Received 394 Likes on 323 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by mako41
What are you saying? I'm not supposed to post about my positive experience with a vendor that did an excellent job at a great price for a problem many C4 enthusiasts have had or will encounter in the future?
Reread my quote...very, very carefully. Do you know what a link is? Try hard, now....very, very hard. I know you can figure it out.

Thats why you posted about your cheap radiator, isn't it?
I didn't post about a cheap radiator. It was $100 more than the cheapest ones out there.

DeWitts also pays to be a forum vendor and it was mentioned in your Chinese radiator thread. If you could have bought a DeWitts radiator for the same price, or say $80.00 less, than the cheap Chinese radiator you bought wouldn't you have just gone with the better product?
That's because you had issues reading in that thread too. Couldn't figure out what a budget radiator meant. I guess (to you), $500 is a budget radiator? You still assume what you don't know. You aren't open-minded at all.

And for the record a more economical solution for the exact same part or service is not the same as a cheap made in China alternative for any autopart. I'll say it one more time, sometimes you get what you pay for!
When it comes to servicing a part, it's pretty hard to qualify what company A does vs company B. Maybe company A fixes solder joint K. Maybe company B spends more time redoing more junctions? You don't know. It's pretty obvious, you are a blow hard.

How do I know? If I had your attitude, my thread would have been an overt comparison to a vendor product....calling them out by name. As it was, I tried to keep my comparison to a specific class of items. And, leave vendor comparisons out of my discussion. Most importantly, I made no links. I followed forum rules. The only had an issue with some big-headed member who thought he needed to brag about his high-priced part.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:46 PM
mako41
Pro

Do you have anything of value to add to this topic?

Doesn't appear so!
Who nominated you as a
the forum policy cop?

Enjoy your frugal, although somewhat less than sound cheap Chinese made parts and Please go away!

Have a nice day!
Old 09-10-2011, 06:53 PM
Tact
Law Dawg Moderator

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
CF St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Do you have anything of value to add to this topic?

Doesn't appear so!
Who nominated you as a
the forum policy cop?

Enjoy your frugal, although somewhat less than sound cheap Chinese made parts and Please go away!

Have a nice day!
FYI:

Members are not prohibited from mentioning it when they have a good (or bad, for that matter) experience with a non-supporting vendor. But such mentions cannot be so specific (address, phone number, e-mail address, URL, price, part number, offer to send contact information via PMs, etc.) or so frequent that they become marketing and promotional references.

Old 09-10-2011, 07:31 PM
mako41
Pro

Default Trying to help is apparently not allowed!

Originally Posted by Tact
FYI:

Members are not prohibited from mentioning it when they have a good (or bad, for that matter) experience with a non-supporting vendor. But such mentions cannot be so specific (address, phone number, e-mail address, URL, price, part number, offer to send contact information via PMs, etc.) or so frequent that they become marketing and promotional references.

So what your saying is keep your good find to yourself, don't share the better price, fast turn around time, & overall excellent vendor experience with anyone else on this forum. And do not point out that some forum vendors are charging way to much for a service that can be had faster and cheaper by an AC Delco authorized service center that does not sponsor the forum.

I see you edited out the contact information for the AC Delco authorized vendor I found to repair my C68 climate controller.

Was that because they had a much better price for the same service offered by Corvette Central a forum approved vendor?

How's that helping the forum members?

Hey it's your forum, but we make it what it is. Or in this case what it isn't!
Old 09-11-2011, 03:28 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

So what your saying is keep your good find to yourself, don't share the better price, fast turn around time, & overall excellent vendor experience with anyone else on this forum. And do not point out that some forum vendors are charging way to much for a service that can be had faster and cheaper by an AC Delco authorized service center that does not sponsor the forum.

I see you edited out the contact information for the AC Delco authorized vendor I found to repair my C68 climate controller.

Was that because they had a much better price for the same service offered by Corvette Central a forum approved vendor?

How's that helping the forum members?

Hey it's your forum, but we make it what it is. Or in this case what it isn't!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: where to buy new C68 heater/ac control for 88