C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

trans cable adjust?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 05:42 PM
braktrcr
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default trans cable adjust?

Hello everyone. My 89 has always had the cable slightly out of adjustment... ie when in park it didn't quite go in park all the way, so it would roll. I would just use the parking brake. She sat for a couple weeks and I got in her last night, and now it won't even "reach" reverse. She will actually start in gear, and take off right away. Do I need a new cable? Or is something else wrong? It seems odd to me that just sitting parked something would change so drasticly. Any help would be appreciated. I checked the old threads and didn't find any similar info Thanks folks, Craig
Old 09-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 375 Likes on 311 Posts

Hmm I think the first thing I would check is to see if there is any problem with the cable backet down on the pan.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:41 PM
rodj
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Aardwolf
Hmm I think the first thing I would check is to see if there is any problem with the cable backet down on the pan.

There is a threaded adjustment on the outer cable at the trans end that may help you. Trans should not start in gear ; need to check inhibitor switch mounted on shifter mech under console.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:38 PM
89 Bob L
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like two issues.

Get notified of new replies

To trans cable adjust?

Quick Reply: trans cable adjust?