C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Looking for standalone advice.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 12:29 PM
HJV11
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Looking for standalone advice.

For years now I have been running a single turbo LT1 using LT1 edit and getting by. I built a new motor a while ago then got really busy at work with a few deployments and such (active duty). I am now interested in a standalone setup. I am really up for listening to all options but as of right now my desire is to retain the factory dash and not really interested in going to a distributor setup ( I have been running the Delteq with great sucess for some time). I am wondering what other "LT1 guys" are running, and where did you purchase it from.

Thanks,
RJ
Old 06-23-2008, 10:19 AM
HJV11
Racer

Nobody has a standalone on a LT1/4 still maintaining the stock dash and opti style ignition???
Old 06-23-2008, 12:36 PM
Brand-X
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I run an Accell Gen VII with Fast Track splice-in wiring harness...full dash function. No issues here...
Old 06-23-2008, 01:27 PM
mn_vette
Melting Slicks

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts

I ran my Accel Gen 7 with the opti and stock dash before I went to the rear mount distributor setup. You won't get sequential injector firing, but it ran well for me.

Your other option might be the FAST XFI. I'm not sure if they do something that will work with the stock guages, but I'm sure if you do a search somewhere you'll be able to find out.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:45 PM
Bruce
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hope this help. If you decided to run a Gen 7+ DFI and use your delteq. You must have to modify the delteq wiring or your car will not fire when installed DFI Gen 7+. For some reasons the injectors are not fire when you crank the motor over. Took BFT 2 days to figured it out.

I called Delteq they told me to order their $50 wiring harness and should be able to plug it in. Guess what? wrong..... That wiring harness they sent to us are useless... We end up only using their wiring drawing and modified the delteq wiring and make it works. Just one simple wire that must be cut out. I don't remember what or which wire any more since I don't have the car any more. To me Delteq should have know about this first hand. But they don't know.

Bruce
Old 07-01-2008, 05:49 PM
lcvette
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

as you know I love my Gen 7 with dual synch distributor, runs dash just fine with zero issues. with the dual synch you are done with the ignition control modul and all that foolishness including optispark completely removed from the car. you need only the dual synch distributor and a MSD 6a box to fire the coil. makes for a very easy setup with very few ignition parts and all very easy to get too and plug and play for troubleshooting if need be as well as wire changes and keeping wires from resting against hot manifolds/downpipes/turbine housing..etc.. just my two cents. it also allows you run the DFI in full sequential mode in 100% control of fueling in each cylinder for manifold distribution variances.

putting the dizzy in you manifold would be a walk in the park, a simple hole drilled and angle wedge with lock down screw. for someone with your skills its a 30 minute job with the manifold off the car.

also makes a BUNCH more room in front of the motor is you ever decide to go with a vacuum pump or drysump oiling system.

I am even considering doing a remote mount waterpump sysem and doing some twins on the collectors edition.

in addition, the wiring is a bit of a drag to connect the DFI but it isn't crazy hard, just takes some time patience and thought regarding wire length and mounting location. mine is behind the drivers seat and the harness was plenty long enough to make it to the factory ECU and the fast track harness is pretty well detailed and has easy to follow instructions for what wires to connect from the factory harnesses.

good luck, you may try the fast XFI or even the Big stuff 3, maybe they have a plug and play now that can run the dash board?

Chris
Old 07-01-2008, 08:59 PM
HJV11
Racer

Thanks for all the replied I will be thinking really hard about witch way to go.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:23 AM
mnstrlt1
Melting Slicks

http://www.fasttrackperformance.com/

http://whiteracing.com/

these are two companies that i found out about when i was trying to find the answer to this vary question.

they actually sell an "interface" harness that will get the job done (will retain factory dash functions, while having the advantage of a stand alone).
Old 07-03-2008, 02:26 AM
mnstrlt1
Melting Slicks

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1967371

this is a valuable thread...

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for standalone advice.

Quick Reply: Looking for standalone advice.