C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

how to remove a 1988 c4 convertable dash and front speakers

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 01:04 PM
italia29
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to remove a 1988 c4 convertable dash and front speakers

Hey can any one help me i have searched the site to the best of my abilities and cant seem to find any information on removing the front dash and front speakers. I ahve an 1988 convertable vet and am replacing the spakers and wiring of the car, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 03-23-2008, 01:34 PM
Kool88vette
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It's easy. It's held on by a few screws and clips. There are 2 screws by the defroster vent and a few under the dash. Look where the dash pad meets the dash. Remove the screws. Grip the dash and pull towards you. If you dash is damaged, now is the time to get a new plastic dash cover. Eckler's amd Mid America sells them.

http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?p...8&dept_id=1656

Last edited by Kool88vette; 03-23-2008 at 01:39 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:54 PM
86PACER
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You need to remove the plastic trim in front of the instrument cluster to gain access to some of the screws. Tilt the steering wheel all the way down, extend it all the way towards you, then unscrew the tilt lever. This gives you room to pull the dash pad out. Otherwise, the steering wheel interferes.

Look along the bottom front lip of the dash. There are several screws running along there. Remove those. Then there are two more on the top AC vent near base of windshield. That's all that's holding it. Now pull the dash pad back and out towards you. When you put it back, make sure the clips on the bottom go into slots in the car.

Get notified of new replies

To how to remove a 1988 c4 convertable dash and front speakers

Quick Reply: how to remove a 1988 c4 convertable dash and front speakers