C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Power antenna replacement mast

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 07:22 PM
Midday
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Power antenna replacement mast

Has anyone used the mast replacement kits for power antennas. If so, how are they, and please list any helpful hints for install, thanks.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:34 PM
88JDO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've bought a few off Ebay. Replaced the mast on my Corvette, Accord, and SC300. Fairly easy to install. Basically you pull the old one out and feed the new one in.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:42 PM
viii
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

for me, it was one of those, "should have been easy" jobs -- after i finished.

take the tailight assembly out that is just behind the anntenna. Only 3 bolts on mine and easy to do. This will give you great access to the large nut holding the thing in place.

I replaced my ribbon only for about $20. I had to drill out the rivets and take the motor apart. Not that bad of a job, but I did have to get creative.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:10 AM
pcolt94
Le Mans Master

Received 197 Likes on 172 Posts

I bought a replacement mast off of Ebay for about $14 a few months ago. The original problem was the teeth on the ribbon wore out. Of course there was a broken piece inside and ended up removing the antenna for disassembly. Dropped the wheel well out and wheel. But the inside of the car was much more time consuming getting it all back together.

Did have to remove the heads of the plastic rivets on the antennia assembly and get creative with screws also for reassembly. All worked good in the end.

Check my original post for some pictures and additional information.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1913293
Old 03-20-2008, 07:42 AM
rockken_vette
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My antenna motor caused static on the radio as the antenna moved up and down, so I ended up replacing the entire motor. New one has worked like a charm ever since - and is quiet.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:49 AM
DonF
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took of the rear wheel & inner fender, made it quite simple to get to.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:58 AM
Da Mail Man
Safety Car

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by pcolt94
I bought a replacement mast off of Ebay for about $14 a few months ago. The original problem was the teeth on the ribbon wore out. Of course there was a broken piece inside and ended up removing the antenna for disassembly. Dropped the wheel well out and wheel. But the inside of the car was much more time consuming getting it all back together.

Did have to remove the heads of the plastic rivets on the antennia assembly and get creative with screws also for reassembly. All worked good in the end.

Check my original post for some pictures and additional information.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1913293
Old 03-20-2008, 08:57 AM
Strick
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I just replaced the whole antenna assembly. That way I don't have to worry about it for a while. I also put in a switch that keeps the antenna down while playing the CD/cassette; cuts down on the number of times the antenna goes up and down.

Get notified of new replies

To Power antenna replacement mast

Quick Reply: Power antenna replacement mast