C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Eckler muffler eliminators

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 08:25 AM
trowel4
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys! Just wanted to thank all of you for the tremendous responses and information. After locating new SS Magnaflows for $415 delivered to door, I decided to go with what I hope is a happy medium. Anyone have advice on Kumho Ecsta ASX all seasons?

You 're the greatest!
Old 03-24-2008, 12:57 PM
firstvette 2
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Muffler eliminators

Bought some muffler eliminators from Mid America. Beautiful and sounded great. Got irritating thought on long trips. Sad but true the engine started running rich and barely passed the emission tests. On further checking found out that the engine never went into closed loop operation. Replaced the eliminators with stock mufflers. Engine ran normally and went into closed loop. Passed the emissions tests with great results. My advice, leave it stock. Daily Driver of a 91!
Old 03-24-2008, 01:27 PM
rickneworleansla
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by firstvette2
Sad but true the engine started running rich and barely passed the emission tests. On further checking found out that the engine never went into closed loop operation. Replaced the eliminators with stock mufflers. Engine ran normally and went into closed loop. Passed the emissions tests with great results.
It sounds like something else was wrong there not the muffler elims.

Old 03-24-2008, 06:57 PM
eschoendorff
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Mr Mojo
For those of us who don't have time to go to a muffler shop(even on weekends). Buying a kit from one of the catalogs(go to Mid America or Corvette Central, stay away from Ecklers) is an good option. It doesn't take much to do it right in your driveway. I've done it twice.
I bought (what I thought) was a nice kit from Corvette central... cut off my mufflers and bolted them up. Then they started then they started to gather surface rust.....

Just be aware. Corvette Central had really great customer service, though, and accepted the return no problem.

Quick Reply: Eckler muffler eliminators