C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Dana 36 Vs. Dana 44 (realistic limits) ?????

Old 03-05-2008, 11:00 AM
rickneworleansla
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by turbotim23
well I have a 93 w/automatic would like to install a nitrous kit and race it once in awhile[and soild axle is not in the budget].I bought a dana 44 but haven't put it in yet.You make it sound like how you launch it makes all the difference in how it lasts. Any tips on how to best do this? Or if the rear end is high at ride height before launch couldn't different springs or shocks help the rear end squat down faster so that driveline would be straighter much quicker? Thanks Tim
I've been using a 125 shot without any breakage on my Dana 36. The only thing I've had go was a universal joint after 100k miles, probably from normal wear. I run street tires and won't launch with the nitrous until I get a better rear. That's probably why I've had no trouble. With my 2800 stall, street tires, and a 125 shot I would never get traction anyway. I would need a stickier tire which would also increase the chances of breaking something.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dana 36 Vs. Dana 44 (realistic limits) ?????