C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Feast your eyes upon the finished product - SOLID AXLE CONVERSION KITS

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 10:09 AM
0ski_dwn_it
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Feast your eyes upon the finished product - SOLID AXLE CONVERSION KITS

Well fellas many of you have been wanting to see more photos of the bolt-in solid rear conversion kits we are building and some of you already have taken advantage of. Here are the photos:

As mentioned before the kit includes EVERYTHING you need to make a clean install to ANY C4.

Kit includes:

-Coil Over adjustable shock.

-Grade 8 fasteners

-Completely adjustable hand fabricated custom 4 link front and rear brackets. This allows for perfect tuning of the suspension that is required to dial in a specific car. Hole placement and location of brackets allow instant center choices specific to these cars.

- Kit comes with custom brake bracket that allows use of stock brakes or upgradable strange, wilwood brakes. Customers choice.

- Kit works with stock wheels and allows users to run slicks from 26" to 30" on 15" rims!!

-Kits come GM 12 bolt completely setup with Detroit Truetrack differential and gears of customers choice. Spools also available upon request as are other differentials if someone is partial to a specific one.

-Kits come with 33-spline axles with stock bolt pattern drilled for both stock sized studs and also provisions 1/2 inch ARP studs for racing legal studs to be installed. Rifle drilled axles also available upon request.

-Rod ends are Chromoly with Kevlar lining for a long durable life.

-Wishbone free floating locator and mounting hardware/brackets not shown.

-Stock driveshaft will still work or you can upgrade to a new one upon request with a 1350 series yoke.

The kits has everything you need to make a clean install in just hours without cutting the car apart to make the swap.

Our kits utilize a unique cross-member eliminator so you have ZERO problems with ground clearance and exhaust routing that is caused by running a cross-member in these cars.

Other kits do not utilize this method resulting in ground clearance issues. Furthermore out kit is the FIRST true bolt-in design with complete 4 link adjustment; just as you would have in a 1/2 backed racecar.

Again this kit require NO modication to the underside of the car except a few small holes that need drilled. None of which pass into the passenger compartment. This entire setup should only take about 5-6 hours to install and you can at any point put your car back to stock if you should so choose (but why would you want to do that?)

Throw anything you want at this setup, it will take it.

Hope you all like the photos:

Full kits with everything listed above that you need to make a clean install are $4995. Orders placed by the end of February are giving a discount that is enough to cover shipping to most of the US. ~250 dollars.

This setup WILL transform your car into a RELIABLE setup that removes all the WEAK link the IRS comes with. Check out my signiture video. My car went from 1.37 60' times breaking the IRS to low 1.34s with the rear wheels with the installation of a solid axle in my car. And there is MORE left in fine tuning. The IRS is a power/wallet robbing suspension. This kit is the SOLUTION.

Ford 9inch setups are also available upon request.

Any questions please feel free to contact me through IM or email. Also at our website is a phone number you can contact me at.

www.azzatochips.com

Regards,

Jesse

Last edited by ski_dwn_it; 02-12-2008 at 10:30 AM.
The following users liked this post:
C4ProjectCar (03-15-2021)
Old 02-12-2008, 10:34 AM
GeosFun
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice, Ski! I hope this project is a sparkling success for you.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:37 AM
JLeatherman
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NM, answered my own question...
Old 02-12-2008, 10:39 AM
0ski_dwn_it
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by JLeatherman
NM, answered my own question...
Nope they bolt right into the stock frame hole locations for the existing shocks. Opps..looks like you answered your own question while I was typing. lol. No worries I sat under the car for MANY hours laying everything out.

GEO, I feel it already is. Finally a do-it-yourselfs solution to the forever breaking IRS. Just type in IRS+break and see how many hits you get. If it stops just some of those posts from happening, then its a success.

Last edited by ski_dwn_it; 02-12-2008 at 10:45 AM.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:52 AM
Matatk
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

From the photos that looks like a very nice setup. From following the previous posts, I remember you doing a lot of work with it. Good job.

Matthew
Old 02-12-2008, 12:39 PM
red L98
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

that’s a super clean, nice setup Jesse, boy you are really making me regret cutting my car up. My luck as soon as a get it done someone offers a bolt on kit . at a very good price. you weren’t kidding when you said 100% complete bolt on
Old 02-12-2008, 12:49 PM
RichS
Le Mans Master

Received 111 Likes on 99 Posts

If only I had the extra cash. Looks like a real nice kit.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:27 PM
mothersworry
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great setup Jesse. Glad to see someone is still investing in the old c4.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:09 PM
Jonnymac
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '08

When my IRS breaks I'll give you a call. Great work.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:11 PM
WickedVetteLT4
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonnymac
Old 02-12-2008, 02:40 PM
0ski_dwn_it
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Jonnymac
Thanks for the comments fellas. No corners were cut with the development and fabrication of these setups. They are a good solid piece that is engineered to drop right in with little to no work on the installers part. Whenever your ready we are here to help you out.

One thing to keep in mind however is your D44 is worth money in one piece. They go from 1500-2000 depending. Once its snapped in 1/2 its not worth anything.

RedL98, I have to say you were a big part of this setup coming to fruition and with the encouragement/help you provided when I did my car last winter. Thanks and I hope you got my last couple of IMs about your piece you need welded.

Last edited by ski_dwn_it; 02-12-2008 at 02:42 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:32 PM
5speedC4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How does the solid rear axle handle in corners?

Is it only for drag racers, or does it handle well enough for a road course?

I figure it is mostly just for drag racers, but if it handles pretty good in the corners, it might be a good mod for everyone.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:18 PM
0ski_dwn_it
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 5speedC4
How does the solid rear axle handle in corners?

Is it only for drag racers, or does it handle well enough for a road course?

I figure it is mostly just for drag racers, but if it handles pretty good in the corners, it might be a good mod for everyone.
Very good question and I will try to answer it as best I can.

The intended purpose was first designed to be a solution for the drag racers and high HP cars on in our community that are constantly breaking things. Obviously when you couple a bunch of power and sticky tires together, its a recipe for destruction when your talking about the IRS. I have seen first hand the carnage and costs associated with that combination and winched my own car up onto the trailer my fair share of times.

That all aside when you look at the specs and the way the rear is setup you are dealing with a solid axle that is over 60" wide. When order them I always get from the guys - what the heck is this going under. Its much wider than they are used to dealing with. As a result you have a bunch more stability than your "typical" car. Then if you look at the placement of the rear 4 link bars, you will see they are nearly all the way at the end of the axle tubes. They are there in part to fit the frame rails more than for handling, but because of their location they give the 4 link a great opportunity to retain its handling capabilities moreso than a tubed car with the brackets moved intowards the differential more. Its a simple concept of leverage.

The 4 link itself is about as good as it gets for suspension tuning and its ability to adapt to ANY car/hp. They are the cream of the crop as far as adjustable suspension are concerned and if you read up on them you will see there is little to say bad about them.

Now the real world stuff that only I really care about. When installing the solid rear in my car I was a bit concerned about the effects it would have on handling and everyday driving. After taking it out and driving with it for a day and getting comfortable with the new setup I started to push it pretty hard through our snake-like roads we have here in PA. The car handled WAY better than I had imagined and I might be bias, but I think it handed every bit if not better than it did with the IRS. Its rock solid and before under very heavy throttle the rear fo the car would feel like it was twisting around. When you look at all the angles and the power going through it, I can imagine it was to some extent. If you want to do a cool experiment, put a swivel that you use on your ratch, and fix it to a drill. Put it on something that you can apply some resistance but let it run for a while. The swivel will turn near red hot. You have the SAME exact thing happening with your IRS at all the U-joints. I used to destroy spicer high-end ujoints in 1 pass until cryo treating everything. Somehow that helped, but it just prolonged the envitable.

While I have no data or autocross data to back up what I am saying, I hope that someone sometime comes to me and gets one of these for that purpose and reports back the results. I do not think they will be disappointed with the results and likely will be pleasantly surprised.

There is no doubt your loosing power through all those angles and your tires constantly changing camber as the suspension travels. When I ran my IRS I had the rear tires setting so goofy looking at ride height it was rediculous, so when the car launched the tires would be flat with the road. But as the suspension would settle to ride height, they would be tipped again, but not as bad.

All in all, I think anyone would be impressed at how the car still handles and how much more stable it feels at high speeds and cornering. Again though I am not an autoXer so I will have to leave the final review to one of those fellas that gets one- which I am sure eventually will happen. Even if I were to take my car to one of these tracks, which I would love to do, I am not sure I would do the car/track/test justice I am use to closing my eyes and just flooring it

No in all honestly I think the setup handles exceptional.

Last edited by ski_dwn_it; 02-12-2008 at 04:22 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:34 PM
c4crafty
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's the biggest tire you can run back there with this setup?
Old 02-12-2008, 05:27 PM
lushdrunk
Burning Brakes

how well does the suspention move up and down with the wishbone facing the rear? seems like that would bind real bad when launching...... the anyway to get it with a normal panhard bar?
Old 02-12-2008, 06:45 PM
comp
Team Owner

Originally Posted by lushdrunk
how well does the suspention move up and down with the wishbone facing the rear? seems like that would bind real bad when launching...... the anyway to get it with a normal panhard bar?
the end of the wishbone slips into another pipe
Old 02-12-2008, 06:54 PM
lushdrunk
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by comp
the end of the wishbone slips into another pipe
Oh ic
what keeps it from falling out when the rear of the car is lifted? the shocks? not to sound like a tool, but that just seems like a week point, can we get some more pictures of the wishbone to see more on how it is set up?

Get notified of new replies

To Feast your eyes upon the finished product - SOLID AXLE CONVERSION KITS

Old 02-12-2008, 06:55 PM
REDC4CORVETTE
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Can you get the 1/2 inch studs for the rear?
Where is a pic of the cross brace?
I would like to add if you are going to race at all in the 1/4 mile ,I would go with this rear.
I have L98's old car creation rear with a spool and that is not the way to go if you even drive your car on the street,just pulling out of the garage is a pita with the way the front tires skid when turning.
The carcreations rear is strong . I haven't broken it yet and I have been running 2 seasons running 9's with it .
If anyone wants to give me 3k for my D44 rear I will buy one of these right now.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:03 PM
comp
Team Owner

Originally Posted by lushdrunk
Oh ic
what keeps it from falling out when the rear of the car is lifted? the shocks? not to sound like a tool, but that just seems like a week point, can we get some more pictures of the wishbone to see more on how it is set up?
a wishbone doesn't put side to side movement in the travel like a panhard bar does
Old 02-12-2008, 07:16 PM
J Z06
Team Owner

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm a C5 guy now but man, that looks cool!!! I especially like your sig Jesse! Man that baby launches!

Hope all is well by you.

Jay

Quick Reply: Feast your eyes upon the finished product - SOLID AXLE CONVERSION KITS