C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Run a Vette on water? Is this a scam?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 01:04 AM
montie98
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Run a Vette on water? Is this a scam?

Or not just the Vette, how about the daily driver. This sounds way to good to be true but maybe one of the gurus here have some info. http://waterpoweredcar.com/hydrobooster.html
Old 02-05-2008, 01:08 AM
Demonic85
Team Owner

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Its complete they even tested that exact same kit on Mythbusters. It did not produce enough hydrogen to even start the car let alone help it. Then they tried spraying bottled hydrogen straight into the intake, that did not end well
Old 02-05-2008, 12:44 PM
StealthLT4
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

produces a way cleaner emission. In fact so clean you will NOT pass the SMOG test. (disconnect it when at the SMOG test.)

Old 02-05-2008, 01:31 PM
Pro-Mo
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jeeze
Old 02-05-2008, 03:23 PM
ben73
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Who buys gas? I thought everybody was running their cars on water these days..

Here's some performance parts that may interest you:
http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1
Old 02-05-2008, 09:24 PM
93-383
Burning Brakes

My first response is yes it is a scam. Thermodynamically the only way that it could make the improvements it states (particularly the 10-20% improvement in fuel economy) is by the “catalyst effect” that they claim the infusion of H2 and O2 will provide, I don’t know enough about thermo and organic chemistry to comment on that claim. Other wise simply burning the H2/O2 mixture will result in some energy hover it cannot be greater than the energy needed from the alternator to produce the H2/O2 mix from electrolysis.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:20 PM
jsdomino
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here check out these guys.

They are running a Vette on Hydrogen.

http://www.switch2hydrogen.com/

Looks pretty cool, not real practical, yet...
Old 02-06-2008, 02:14 AM
Demonic85
Team Owner

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jsdomino
Here check out these guys.

They are running a Vette on Hydrogen.

http://www.switch2hydrogen.com/

Looks pretty cool, not real practical, yet...
Thats awesome, I want a hydrogen powered corvette. Question is, when its running on hydrogen is it still making plenty of power or does it feel like a 4 banger under the hood?
Old 02-06-2008, 07:15 AM
JLeatherman
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I read the site fairly thoroughly, although when they started talking about the "World Trade Center Hoax" I almost turned my computer off in disgust. Here's what I've figured out. They are trying to break two laws of nature. First, you can't get more energy out of a system than went in. Second, every time a substance changes phase some energy is lost irreversibly (friction, heat, etc, etc). They try to break this with the theory that there is a "resonant frequency" at which water can be broken apart using much less electricity than it does if you just brute-force it. They pulse a DC charge at the water and at some resonant frequency the water will require exponentially less electricty to break apart into H and O. The guy's car, however, failed it's test using 3 expert investigators who determined it was just using normal electrolysis. Then the guy died and these people went into conspiracy mode saying the government is just covering stuff up. It's an interesting read, but I don't put much stock into it.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:00 AM
QuickGlass
Advanced

Read the section about the 78 camaro.

"No one yet has been able to duplicate slr9a9m9's Camero, or they kept it quiet. The main problem was finding the same 8 relays that slr9a9m9 used."

"the relay was boosting the amps from the disc cap to the plug , the coil out put on the car is 34000 volts at 0.83 amps , the power at the plug is now 24000 volts at 6.3 amps"

I always love these scams, no wonder no one could find the same relays, there magic.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:29 AM
JLeatherman
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, the 78 Camaro was pretty clearly crap. The section on the Dune Buggy is the more interesting one, but like I said, when it came time for him to prove it the expert witnesses said it failed. Government cover-up or crackpot inventor? Personally, I'm leaning towards the latter. However, if you delve into the forum they've got going some people are continuing the work on the frequency thing with some interesting results. Not saying it will or won't ever work, but there are some very dedicated people.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:07 PM
Matt Cramer
Instructor

Originally Posted by JLeatherman
Yeah, the 78 Camaro was pretty clearly crap. The section on the Dune Buggy is the more interesting one, but like I said, when it came time for him to prove it the expert witnesses said it failed. Government cover-up or crackpot inventor? Personally, I'm leaning towards the latter. However, if you delve into the forum they've got going some people are continuing the work on the frequency thing with some interesting results. Not saying it will or won't ever work, but there are some very dedicated people.
I heard one guy got the frequency effect to work, but he's in jail now. They charged him with violating the first law of thermodynamics.

Seriously, you can't separate water into hydrogen and oxygen for less energy than you'd gain by burning it. Frequency based effects do let you use a smaller force or power input, but that's not the same thing. An example of a frequency based effect is a swingset - you can get it going pretty high with a bunch of tiny pushes, but that's because you can add a tiny amount of energy each time. If you put the same amount of energy into one big push, it would go just as high. So you might be able to use something that relies on frequencies to split water, but it's not likely to be more efficient - and you definitely won't be able to put in less energy than you'd get by burning the hydrogen.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:27 PM
seajayiii
Advanced

The thing looks to me like the water conditioner under my kitchen sink.

Get notified of new replies

To Run a Vette on water? Is this a scam?

Quick Reply: Run a Vette on water? Is this a scam?