C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

84 Eliminating Fan controls in S. Florida

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 03:15 PM
davenbocafl
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 84 Eliminating Fan controls in S. Florida

Ive converted my 84 from low flow tpi to dual plane intake and 750 holley, needless to say eliminated alot of the computer,but has brote on cooling fan problems with sencors and relays, being i live in south florida and the ac is always on anyway, what can i expect if I just ground out the temp wire going to the head, the fan just runs off the ignition switch and eliminate my ac problem the fan not coming on soon enough. thanks dave
Old 12-31-2007, 07:00 PM
Vetracr
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just buy a fan switch (Hypertech) that plugs into port in head to control fan on/off operation.

Larry
Old 12-31-2007, 08:03 PM
xrcrx
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran a wire from my battery, to a toggle switch in the cockpit, and then to a splice in the hot wire to the fan. Works great! I just turn it on whenever i'm in traffic, never have any cooling issues.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:15 PM
davenbocafl
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thats cool, i do have a hypertech sencor in the head that cuts on a 175 but doesnt come on when i turn the ac on and the ac goes crazy cycle off and on. the manual switch is great seeing im eliminating the computer anyway. thanks guy i really appreciate it.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:01 PM
69Myway
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just GROUND the green wire at the fan relay. That will cause the fan to come on when the ignition is on, and off when you turn the car off. You won't have to worry about remembering to toggle it on or off that way and it will run and keep it cool since in S. Florida it is always warm enough to justify constant fan.

Get notified of new replies

To 84 Eliminating Fan controls in S. Florida

Quick Reply: 84 Eliminating Fan controls in S. Florida