C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Issues (long)

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2001, 10:04 PM
jopod
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issues (long)

Hey guys,
just wanted to let you all know that the vette is running (barely) and we are confident the rebuild went well.
Here are the issues with the car in order of importance

1) Gauges work intermittently. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. It seems like first thing in the morning they always work, then they cut out more frequently as the day goes ont. During the day it's really hard to see esp in direct sunlight.
2) Charging? Alternator is good, I was told the bat was new from the previous owner. It won't hold a charge at all, I have to charge it every time I get home. Guess a new battery is on the list.
3) Exhaust keeps coming loose @ the rear "Y" Is there another remedy for this? I cranked the hell out of the U-bolt shaped clamp and it won't hold worth a flip.
4) rear U-joints need to be replaced.
5)parking brake-- thought we had it adjusted just to find out the p-brake won't hold it. Any tricks here?
6) rear glass-- the bolts holding the glass on are missing, so when you pop the glass it wants to open more to the right. Looks very dangerous when it opens all the way.
7) temp sensor doesn't work??? Just reads "low" on the readout.
8) low coolant light keeps popping up
9) shakes @ 55 mph, I'm sure the new tires will take care of that though.
10) Weatherstripping-needs it all around! Where's the best place to buy the whole kit?

Anyway, I don't expect an answer to all of them, but you guys have been such a great help so far figured I would throw there out there too. Help if you can.
You know when this is all said and done I am going to probably spend more than the car is worth to get it in good shape. It's worth it to see the car come back to life and see the steps it's taking.
I am probably getting a 95 tomorow, this one won't be up on blocks like my 86 though. My neighbors will appreciate that. :rolleyes:
Old 11-26-2001, 12:45 AM
GRX
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Issues (jopod)

First of all get the rear hatch glass issue fixed; you don't want to find out how much that rear glass costs!! :eek: For the exhaust "U" clamp, get another one; sounds like the threads might be stripped somewhere along the bolt. Which gauges are not working right?
Old 11-26-2001, 08:52 AM
jopod
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Issues (GRX)

Yeah, I imagine they are not cheap. :eek: I'll get to that today.
The gauges that aren't working are the tach, the speedometer, the oil pressure, the water temperature... and all the other gauges in that general vicinity. The gauges work when they have power, so it's probably just a matter of finding the power source and fixing that.

Get notified of new replies

To Issues (long)

Quick Reply: Issues (long)