C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Buying headers for my LT1...Recomendations Please

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 01:20 AM
GS4-LT1
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Buying headers for my LT1...Recomendations Please

Getting a set of headers soon for my 94 LT1. Car is basicly stock with a few bolt ons and a PCM4less tune. Car ran 13.49 @ 102 and a 1.99 60'. I have narrowed my choice down to TPiS and Exotic Muscle. Is one better than the other for any reasons? What can I expect for a power increase and a 1/4m time decrease?
Old 11-24-2007, 01:31 AM
aboatguy
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I bought the EMs and they are a quality header. However, for a mostly stock car I'd go with Stainless works, they have a smaller primary and are STAINLESS steel (the only draw back of my EMs are they are coated steel I wish they were coated SS. A buddy of mine has Stainless works LTs and I helped with the install and they are a quality header too.

But for a mostly stock car the smaller primaries will provide better drivability.

The TPIS may be nice headers however, I have not personally seen a pair, but their other product seem to be excellent.

Good luck on your mods

Mike
Old 11-24-2007, 01:40 AM
GS4-LT1
Burning Brakes

It seems that the description for the TPiS suggests that their primary tube is 1-5/8". All it says is that "we have the correct diameter primary" or something like that. I will try and call them on monday. Those tri-y headers from vette tech are starting to peak my interest as well.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:23 AM
Corvette Kid
Large Impressive Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die
Received 68 Likes on 34 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07

Originally Posted by GS4-LT1
It seems that the description for the TPiS suggests that their primary tube is 1-5/8". All it says is that "we have the correct diameter primary" or something like that. I will try and call them on monday. Those tri-y headers from vette tech are starting to peak my interest as well.
It might suggest that but they're not, they are 1 3/4". I believe their L98 headers may be 1 5/8" if I remember right.
I'm leery of this new arrival "Vette Tech" headers. They claim to have been making these headers for years for racers, yet no one here, including me, has ever heard of them. I can't find anything on the internet about them. Also that eBay seller's feedback rating is a little lackluster. Maybe they're fine but I'll wait and see.
I'm currently using the SWs and love them. These, the TPIS and EMs are all good headers and problems have been few with any of them.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:32 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

I just ordered a set of Exotic Muscle headers.

I asked if I should get the even bigger most expensive stepped headers, and he steered me to the ones on the group purchase. Said his pricey ones wouldn't give me enough of a gain to make it worth it.

Old 11-25-2007, 01:25 AM
GS4-LT1
Burning Brakes

An honest seller, now that says something!!!
Old 11-25-2007, 10:32 AM
C4DC
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Between the choices you are looking at I'd go EM. I narrowed it down to EM and Stainless works when I was looking. I went with the SW because of the stainless. The price was about the same IIRC.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:09 PM
BAM92
Safety Car

I have TPIS and are very happy with them. The Em's you can order with extensions to adapt to a cat back exhaust which is a plus unless you want to fabricate exhaust back like mine has been. Everybody above has very good recommendations.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:50 PM
ztrips
Pro

I have the EM's. Great fit/finish.

Get notified of new replies

To Buying headers for my LT1...Recomendations Please

Quick Reply: Buying headers for my LT1...Recomendations Please