C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

How to adjust konis?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 08:49 AM
hernancortes
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How to adjust konis?

I bought a '92 from a guy who modified the suspension... bigger sways, springs, and yellow koni adjustables.

It's obvious enough how to adjust the fronts since there's ready access, but how do you access the rears? What's involved there?

I'm trying to dial it down... he had them ajusted fully firm, and it rides absolutely rock-hard... I dialed down the fronts about halfway and it made a big difference, just need to do the backs.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:02 AM
rodj
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Don't Koni's have the internal adjustment where you collapse the shock to engage the adjuster?

For the rears this means you would have to remove the shock to achieve this.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:17 AM
Bill Hetzel
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the Koni website. There is a 32 page download on adjusting the shocks there.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:57 PM
96GS#007
Tech Contributor

Received 1,766 Likes on 1,063 Posts

Originally Posted by hernancortes
I bought a '92 from a guy who modified the suspension... bigger sways, springs, and yellow koni adjustables.

It's obvious enough how to adjust the fronts since there's ready access, but how do you access the rears? What's involved there?

I'm trying to dial it down... he had them ajusted fully firm, and it rides absolutely rock-hard... I dialed down the fronts about halfway and it made a big difference, just need to do the backs.
Remove the two bolts that secure the top of the shock mount to the frame. Compress the shock and then adjust as required.

Get notified of new replies

To How to adjust konis?

Quick Reply: How to adjust konis?