C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Anybody ever heard of these?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 08:18 PM
Midnight 85
Le Mans Master

Received 53 Likes on 31 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified

Default Anybody ever heard of these?

I'm looking to replace my Flowmaster mufflers to get rid of resonance. I am looking at a muffler sold by a local exhaust shop, they are called
XLerator Big Max. They have the same dimensions as the Flowmasters but have packing in them along with a different layout inside. I know LT-1s are the way to go but I like the four pipe look over the LT tips. Has anyone ever had an experience with them?
Old 07-24-2007, 11:58 AM
Bob88Convertible
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Midnight 85
I'm looking to replace my Flowmaster mufflers to get rid of resonance. I am looking at a muffler sold by a local exhaust shop, they are called
XLerator Big Max. They have the same dimensions as the Flowmasters but have packing in them along with a different layout inside. I know LT-1s are the way to go but I like the four pipe look over the LT tips. Has anyone ever had an experience with them?

Don't know about those. Why don't you just get some LT-1's and put different tips on them?

If you decide to do that, let me know, I have a set I may sell.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:05 PM
Midnight 85
Le Mans Master

Thanks, I already have a set I'd sell, along with some so called "ZR-1" mufflers I bought from Mid America, they're just like muffler elims. These are like brand new having been on the car two weeks. The mufflers I was asking about are strictly universal style that the shops use. I can't get any good answers from the shop so I'm thinking Magnaflows next.

Last edited by Midnight 85; 07-24-2007 at 08:11 PM.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:35 PM
parafrog
Racer

Location: Tucson, AZ. L98-85 AUTO COUPE: 120k MILES: daily driver. SOUND OFF IF YOU'VE BEEN THERE. Ex-Jumpin' Junky-82nd Airborne-2/505 PIR: 1st ID-1/16th Inf: Recon Marine Retread. GOD BLESS GRUNTS.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Midnight 85
Thanks, I already have a set I'd sell, along with some so called "ZR-1" mufflers I bought from Mid America, they're just like muffler elims. These are brand new having been on the car two weeks. The mufflers I was asking about are strictly universal style that the shops use. I can't get any good answers from the shop so I'm thinking Magnaflows next.

i think having been on a car is more like slightly used.

back before my head exploded, i was putting an exhaust system together, and i was looking at the hooker aerochamber and maximum flow mufflers. i had done a lot of research and found sound clips on most mufflers. i liked these. my requirements were that they run quiet untill i get on them and flow well.

check them out on summit

my advice is to search for sound clips on the muffs you are thinking about. i could give you a link, but my hard-drive ate itself and i lost two years of sweet links. boo-hoo!!!

dooh!

Last edited by parafrog; 07-24-2007 at 07:48 PM.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:13 PM
Midnight 85
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by parafrog
i think having been on a car is more like slightly used.
You're right, I fixed it to say what I meant to say. Thanks
Also, thanks for the tip on the Hooker mufflers.

Get notified of new replies

To Anybody ever heard of these?

Quick Reply: Anybody ever heard of these?