C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Remove My Membership Please Thank You

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 11:18 PM
80sRule
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by snowmaker2000
You know...I just looked thru a number of your posts. I am not your first victim apparently. You insult on the regular. No wonder you race a stock 1984 C4. Wanna race?

I know my time on CF is limited.....but I'm going down swinging cause I had enuff of you types. Learn to correct and reference materials that you think is incorrect...rather than insult.
Whoa. Calm down.

CFI EFI may be harsh, but I'd rather have him giving out good info than a nice person wasting my time and money. Something else, one obvious rule of the forum(and not being an a-hole) is don't insult other people's cars.

Also, you look like a tool in that photo.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:19 PM
VenkmanP
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

C4s been around for quite a while and almost every imaginable issues has been discussed. . .in a respectful way.
Good observation.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:21 PM
VenkmanP
Safety Car

Just look at what happens when someone new joins CF and asks a simple, but un-knowledgeable question....SOME OF YOU GUYS TEAR THEM APART!
See post #22 regarding how to find answers to simple "un-knowledgeable" questions.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:25 PM
zr1fred
Race Director

Received 71 Likes on 60 Posts

too many a-holes here
I see you amended it, and I'm sorry to see you leave. Can't say as I disagree with your assessment though. Some of these windows warriors.....
Old 07-07-2007, 11:27 PM
snowmaker2000
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 80sRule
Whoa. Calm down.

CFI EFI may be harsh, but I'd rather have him giving out good info than a nice person wasting my time and money. Something else, one obvious rule of the forum(and not being an a-hole) is don't insult other people's cars.

Also, you look like a tool in that photo.
That aint me Its a picture I got from www.tinypic.com lol.

BTW, you see none of this nonesense on the F-Body forums
....ok...this is my last post on CF...I shrink to observant status. Still love my 1996 C4 and a lot of you guys. See ya around and don't forget to wave!

Last edited by snowmaker2000; 07-07-2007 at 11:32 PM.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:36 PM
VenkmanP
Safety Car

BTW, you see none of this nonesense on the F-Body forums
I agree. That's why I spend most of my time on F-body forums. On most of those forums they don't tolerate idiot noobs posting bad tech info, and they sure don't tolerate idiot noobs who post bad tech info and then post insults when called on it.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:42 PM
anesthes
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 135 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Vis Croceus
I agree. That's why I spend most of my time on F-body forums. On most of those forums they don't tolerate idiot noobs posting bad tech info, and they sure don't tolerate idiot noobs who post bad tech info and then post insults when called on it.
Don't forget the endless list of vette owners banned from posting after enabling 'holier than thou' mode after the 3rd or 4th post.

-- Joe
Old 07-08-2007, 12:07 AM
jhammons01
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Snowmaker, please understand, some have a short tolerance for perpetuated mis-information.

Do you want some one to nicely tell you the wrong info?

Not me, I'd rather hear the nasty truth so I can make a rational and educated decision.

Me being hard headed may question a member like CFI, hence I get what I deserve.

Those that don't like me or don't care about me would just allow me to go on believing incorrect info. That my friend would be hurtful.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:20 AM
snowmaker2000
Racer

Originally Posted by jhammons01
Snowmaker, please understand, some have a short tolerance for perpetuated mis-information.

Not me, I'd rather hear the nasty truth so I can make a rational and educated decision.

Me being hard headed may question a member like CFI, hence I get what I deserve.

Those that don't like me or don't care about me would just allow me to go on believing incorrect info. That my friend would be hurtful.

So you agree that name calling is appropriate? Why can't someone simply say, you are incorrect and then give you a verifiable reference to correct information. Look what happens to people new to the forum. It is shocking.. BTW, I know I wan't suppose to post anymore, but I cant help it. lol...No one can tell me that coolant running thru the GM TB is to prevent icing. Its nonsense. Thats why fuel injected AIRCRAFT do not have carb heat. There must be another purpose.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:35 AM
Kool88vette
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jhammons01

CFI posts nonesense all the time. He's no genius. I can tolerate BS, it the insults that I don't like. Why do you feel that you deserve abuse from him?

Last edited by Kool88vette; 07-08-2007 at 01:04 AM.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:37 AM
Kool88vette
Drifting

So you agree that name calling is appropriate? Why can't someone simply say, you are incorrect and then give you a verifiable reference to correct information. Look what happens to people new to the forum. It is shocking.. BTW, I know I wan't suppose to post anymore, but I cant help it. lol...No one can tell me that coolant running thru the GM TB is to prevent icing. Its nonsense. Thats why fuel injected AIRCRAFT do not have carb heat. There must be another purpose.
No I think he's right about the TB heat. But it's no reason to insult someone. GM started running coolant throgh the throttle bodies in TPI (tune port injection) engines found in some camaros and corvettes in the late 80s. The purpose was to keep the TB from freezing in extreme cold conditions. It was considered by most people to be a pointless addition. Many people choose to bypass the throttle body, but dynos prove that it really doesnt help performance at all to bypass it, because the air is moving through the throttle body too quickly to heat the air. Personally, I would leave it alone if you live in a cold climate.

Last edited by Kool88vette; 07-08-2007 at 01:07 AM.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:49 AM
VenkmanP
Safety Car

So you agree that name calling is appropriate?

too many a-holes here
you are a butt hole....
go to hell
imbeciles on CF
put some Mobil One on that hand....and shove it up your . . .well you know where.....
I never intentionally insult anyone anywhere
Old 07-08-2007, 12:59 AM
snowmaker2000
Racer

Originally Posted by Vis Croceus

Thats right....I insult people back when they insult me first. . . I'm obviously not happy with being attacked and then being dictated to and being called all sorts of names...FIRST (I guess you forgot to put those posts up eh?). And then have people ah hem...like yourself back that garbage up . . . . .and I must add since you wanted to chime in for unknown reasons......you apparently are an a-hole yourself for trying to put together propaganda.

Last edited by snowmaker2000; 07-08-2007 at 01:06 AM.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:01 AM
zr1fred
Race Director

Received 71 Likes on 60 Posts

[

Originally Posted by Kool88vette
No I think he's right about the TB heat. But it's no reason to insult someone. GM started running coolant throgh the throttle bodies in TPI (tune port injection) engines found in some camaros and corvettes in the late 80s. The purpose was to keep the gas from freezing in the throttle body in extreme cold conditions. It was considered by most people to be a pointless addition. Many people choose to bypass the throttle body, but dynos prove that it really doesnt help performance at all to bypass it, because the air is moving through the throttle body too quickly to heat the air. Personally, I would leave it alone if you live in a cold climate.
aaaa..... there is no gas in the throttle body, or plenum for that matter. I was told the reason was for cold start emmissions, and extreme cold weather driveability. But it sure doesn't help much im Phoenix!
Old 07-08-2007, 01:06 AM
Kool88vette
Drifting

Maybe you should just put certain people on your ignore list. Works for mr.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:09 AM
Steve85
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran

Page 6C-2 of a 1985 Factory Service Manual,(first year of this style TB) says...

"Engine coolant is passed through the throttle body to prevent throttle icing"

If you have problem with that, please contact Gordon Killebrew for further discussion.

Good luck in your searches for information, and remember its people like CFI that will be the reason the thread ends with the right info. It's OK if you don't post thank you's in the future, the point is to help without needing a pat on the back so just let it be said here..

"You're welcome"
Old 07-08-2007, 01:12 AM
Kool88vette
Drifting

Originally Posted by zr1fred
[

aaaa..... there is no gas in the throttle body, or plenum for that matter. I was told the reason was for cold start emmissions, and extreme cold weather driveability. But it sure doesn't help much im Phoenix!
I think we were both wrong on that one. TB freezing could be a problem in very cold climates. Cessnas have carb heat. If the carb freezes it gets no fuel. Sorry, got my wires crossed on that one. I reverted to ground school for an quick answer. Should not have posted without rereading. We all make mistakes.

Get notified of new replies

To Remove My Membership Please Thank You

Old 07-08-2007, 01:12 AM
snowmaker2000
Racer

Maybe you should just put certain people on your ignore list. Works for mr.

I didn't know I could do that. Hmmm, I still will not post tech stuff anymore... besides, a Chevrolet dealer tech just moved to my neighborhood. I'm going to ask him about the TB coolant issue in the morning.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:15 AM
Steve85
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In V Veteran

No I think he's right about the TB heat. But it's no reason to insult someone. GM started running coolant throgh the throttle bodies in TPI (tune port injection) engines found in some camaros and corvettes in the late 80s. The purpose was to keep the TB from freezing in extreme cold conditions. It was considered by most people to be a pointless addition. Many people choose to bypass the throttle body, but dynos prove that thisit really doesnt help performance at all to bypass it, because the air is moving through the throttle body too quickly to heat the air. Personally, I would leave it alone if you live in a cold climate.

Have you even opened the hood? The injectors are are about 14" downstream of the throttle body. I'm not trying to be a jerk but that is a worse assumption (actually, assertion) than what got this whole thing started.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:16 AM
Steve85
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In V Veteran

I didn't know I could do that. Hmmm, I still will not post tech stuff anymore... besides, a Chevrolet dealer tech just moved to my neighborhood. I'm going to ask him about the TB coolant issue in the morning.

Please read up a few posts....#36 to be exact

Quick Reply: Remove My Membership Please Thank You