C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

UNCLE BUCKS fe1-which bilsteins?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 10:37 PM
black96lt4c4
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default UNCLE BUCKS fe1-which bilsteins?

i had a friend of mine ride with me for a second opinion on my shock condition.he is a fellow corvette owner so i value his opinion.i accelerated onto the highway well past the speedlimit and sure enough a cop,going in the other direction,surely injured his neck looking at me.i took the next exit a little fast and when i downshifted,the band clamp on my header broke and of course backfired.he said john candy would be jealous indicating i need shocks.im still laughing.by the way, i have a 96 lt4,-fe1,with 70,000 miles.after a search it seems bilsteins are the best bang for the buck.i would rather handle well than worry about ride quality so any help appreciated
Old 06-30-2007, 10:53 PM
FELNGR8
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by black96lt4c4
i had a friend of mine ride with me for a second opinion on my shock condition.he is a fellow corvette owner so i value his opinion.i accelerated onto the highway well past the speedlimit and sure enough a cop,going in the other direction,surely injured his neck looking at me.i took the next exit a little fast and when i downshifted,the band clamp on my header broke and of course backfired.he said john candy would be jealous indicating i need shocks.im still laughing.by the way, i have a 96 lt4,-fe1,with 70,000 miles.after a search it seems bilsteins are the best bang for the buck.i would rather handle well than worry about ride quality so any help appreciated
I'm running Bilstein Z51 shocks with the FE1 suspension in my 94. They cost exactly the same as base Bilsteins, give better control, but your ride will be notably stiffer. I love mine, but it's not for everyone.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:15 PM
OldCorvetteFan
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by FELNGR8
I'm running Bilstein Z51 shocks with the FE1 suspension in my 94. They cost exactly the same as base Bilsteins, give better control, but your ride will be notably stiffer. I love mine, but it's not for everyone.

I did the same thing on my '95 w/FE1. You can get them at Vette Brakes & Products. Ask for it, and they'll give you a 10% discount.

Steven

Last edited by OldCorvetteFan; 07-01-2007 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Wrote "Parts" instead of "Products"
Old 07-01-2007, 02:16 PM
Red Tornado
Team Owner

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by OldCorvetteFan
You can get them at Vette Brakes & Parts. Ask for it, and they'll give you a 10% discount.

Steven
you mean this: http://www.vbandp.com/
Vette Brakes and Products, Inc.

Get notified of new replies

To UNCLE BUCKS fe1-which bilsteins?

Quick Reply: UNCLE BUCKS fe1-which bilsteins?