C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

93 powers up but will not start

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 02:40 AM
summer girl
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 powers up but will not start

I hope someone can help me. I have a 93 LT1, drove to the store tonight and everthing was fine. When I got in to leave it would not start. The lights come on and everything powers up like normal but the engine does not even turn over. No clicking noise or anything. Tried jump starting anyway but it didn't work. Had to have it towed home. Could it be a security problem? Starter? I'd really appreciate any help.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:26 AM
drive it
Drifting

Received 122 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by summer girl
I hope someone can help me. I have a 93 LT1, drove to the store tonight and everthing was fine. When I got in to leave it would not start. The lights come on and everything powers up like normal but the engine does not even turn over. No clicking noise or anything. Tried jump starting anyway but it didn't work. Had to have it towed home. Could it be a security problem? Starter? I'd really appreciate any help.
Sounds right off hand like typical vats problem. If its not reading the key correctly it shuts down the starter and fuel injectors.
You would have to check for no voltage to the starter with key turned to verify that it's not just the starter however; or scan it and it will show if vats.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:17 PM
RetroTA
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

VATS, Try a cotton swab with some alcohol On the contacts and the key itself hopefully its just dirty. Then when you get some time bypass that rascal.

Last edited by RetroTA; 04-26-2007 at 06:19 PM.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:08 PM
summer girl
Advanced

You guys were right. It was the VAT system.The problem is that the last shipment of GM's BCM units were defective and had to be sent back. They are all on back order. They estimated 6 to 8 weeks. My mechanic found one with everything intact at a salvage yard. The man is my hero. Got it back last night with a couple extra keys.
If anyone ever needs an excellant and honest mechanic in Silicon Valley let me know.

My mechanic has done so much work on my car he says he owns it by proxy

Thanks for all your help guys.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:52 AM
juanway
Advanced

Originally Posted by summer girl

Battery went to dead short possible, this has happened 3 times to me so I SWITCHED OVER TO A Optimum Battery because corvettes ride rough and the batteries life is short.

Get notified of new replies

To 93 powers up but will not start

Quick Reply: 93 powers up but will not start