C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Who eliminated there IAC valve

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 12:57 AM
hippy
Le Mans Master

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by kopbet89c4
Yeah, like you have a clue. You're the kind of guy who thinks he can get a 350 standard traditional 350 SBC and make 600 naturally aspirated and port a stock valved 113 aluminum head to flow 300 cfm @ 28" of water. Speed costs money. How fast do you want to go? Of course man, its human nature to act bigger online when you probably wouldn't say it face to face, in a group.
Show me an example where I don't know what a 350 can make you numbnut. You throw numbers out to show you know what you are talking about but in reality you don't. You aren't fooling anyone. There are still a few(everyone) guys here that know you have an automotive IQ of 48, 2,000,000 being average.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:57 AM
kopbet89c4
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hippy
Good one! Subtract the stupid factor and figure 14/18.
You'd get 18 mpg or worse in the highway cruising at 80ish if you leave it in D. If you think my tune is such a bad one, why don't you pm forum member tequilaboy and tell him his work and contribution of tuning ideas are stupid???
Old 04-14-2007, 12:59 AM
hippy
Le Mans Master

You'd get 18 mpg or worse in the highway cruising at 80ish if you leave it in D. If you think my tune is such a bad one, why don't you pm forum member tequilaboy and tell him his work and contribution of tuning ideas are stupid???
On the contrary I think you are stupid.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:03 AM
kopbet89c4
Safety Car

Show me an example where I don't know what a 350 can make you numbnut. You throw numbers out to show you know what you are talking about but in reality you don't. You aren't fooling anyone. There are still a few(everyone) guys here that know you have an automotive IQ of 48, 2,000,000 being average.
I'm not fooling myself either. Your the kind of guy quick to say, if GM did it that way, it should stay that way. Wrong. Anyone can do anything to their car as long as it makes them happy and meets their needs. I removed all emissions controls because they are useless here in the state of FL. I choose to run MAFless for my own reasons. I'm proud to say I ultimately have the same, if not better performance as a similar equipped car running with a working MAF.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:06 AM
hippy
Le Mans Master

I'm not fooling myself either. Your the kind of guy quick to say, if GM did it that way, it should stay that way. Wrong. Anyone can do anything to their car as long as it makes them happy and meets their needs. I removed all emissions controls because they are useless here in the state of FL. I choose to run MAFless for my own reasons. I'm proud to say I ultimately have the same, if not better performance as a similar equipped car running with a working MAF.
MOJO Please ban me permanently, I can't handle the stupidity of this forum anymore and if you allow me to be a member I will just continue to post. I am not kidding. Let Crapvette dish out advice on this forum.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:09 AM
CentralCoaster
Team Owner

Location: San Diego , CA Double Yellow DirtBags 1985..Z51..6-speed
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm going to remove my MAF. It looks expensive and I'd hate for it to break. What should I put in its place kopbet? Will this budweiser can fit? Should I port it out?

Please help me, I'm lost without your advice.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:10 AM
kopbet89c4
Safety Car

On the contrary I think you are stupid.
I guess so. I am definitely stupid because I choose to run without a specific sensor for my own purposes and needs. Its not like I encourage all people here to remove their MAF. I would do it if you have consistent MAF problems. Sometimes, I hypothesize that the Bosch MAF was GMs way of causing thousands of people to run back into a dealership to get their car worked on for the prime purpose of helping them make more money. I bet it has stranded many more people than you think who didn't know better to just to simply unplug it. And that EVAP system was just more than bandaided ghetto rigged fix for the evaporated emissions control system. I bet half the C4s and Fbodies that came with it was nonfunctional when it left the factory. I bet it caused enough vacuum leaks in the cars to turn them all into sucker. And yes, vacuum leakated problems just caused your car to suck. Yes, to the point that you'd probably wanna sell it and suddenly label American made cars as the biggest pieces of crap out there!

Last edited by kopbet89c4; 04-14-2007 at 01:12 AM.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:11 AM
CentralCoaster
Team Owner

Kopbet, my car is running kinda hotter than normal. Someone told me that there's a thermostat that controls it. Can I remove it? Where do I get one?
Old 04-14-2007, 01:12 AM
CentralCoaster
Team Owner

What does evap do? How do I remove it? I want to make the car as reliable as possible.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:13 AM
CentralCoaster
Team Owner

Do you really need all 8 injectors?
Old 04-14-2007, 01:14 AM
CentralCoaster
Team Owner

Hey, what's this black thing with hoses coming out of it and a belt? My friend said its a supercharger. The part number on it is R134a if that helps. Where can I get a bigger pulley for it?
Old 04-14-2007, 01:17 AM
hippy
Le Mans Master

I guess so. I am definitely stupid because I choose to run without a specific sensor for my own purposes and needs. I bet that MAF was GMs way of causing thousands of people to run back into a dealership to get their car worked on for the prime purpose of helping them make more money. I bet it has stranded many more people than you think who didn't know better to just to simply unplug it. And that EVAP system was just more than bandaided ghetto rigged fix for the evaporated emissions control system. I bet half the C4s and Fbodies that came with it was nonfunctional when it left the factory. I bet it caused enough vacuum leaks in the cars to turn them all into sucker. And yes, vacuum leakated problems just caused your car to suck. Yes, to the point that you'd probably wanna sell it and suddenly label American made cars as the biggest pieces of crap out there!

Yes, you are stupid. I've owned 5 L98 cars. I have never Kobbled a car like you have done to your car. How many years have you owned your car? I have 14 years and 5 cars. I pulled 276/355 with a LTR L98 car, can you say the same?

Mojo, please just ban me, I really don't care anymore. Too many stupid people and only a few guys that know wth their talking about.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:17 AM
CentralCoaster
Team Owner

Kopbet, do you know where I can get a blue bulb for the check engine light? It makes the interior glow red when I drive at night, but my freinds said blue would be cool instead.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:19 AM
hippy
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by CentralCoaster
Kopbet, do you know where I can get a blue bulb for the check engine light? It makes the whole car red when I drive at night, but my freinds said blue would be cool instead.
Unless that bulb comes in the kit to make a car MAFless he wouldn't know.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:21 AM
CentralCoaster
Team Owner

Kopbet, I'm trying to sell my house and move into my parent's basement, but they don't have a basement. Do you know how to build a basement? Where can I get one like yours?
Old 04-14-2007, 01:23 AM
hippy
Le Mans Master

Kopbet, I'm trying to sell my house and move into my parent's basement, but they don't have a basement. Do you know how to build a basement? Where can I get one like yours?
Unless his parent's basement is MAFless, he wouldn't know how to build a basement.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:26 AM
CentralCoaster
Team Owner

Kopbet, how do you install this Tornado thing? It only fits in the exhaust pipe if I turn it sideways.

Get notified of new replies

To Who eliminated there IAC valve

Old 04-14-2007, 01:27 AM
kopbet89c4
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Hot Rod 90
well with that attitude you remain a loser for life. sorry to know your parents are simply enablers yup, i said so.
I'd rather be a rich humble loser saving money, possibly looking at revenue generating investment options in the next few years than an poor SOB arrogant winner spending money needlessly possibly looking at less restrictive prisons in the next few months.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:28 AM
hippy
Le Mans Master

I guess so. I am definitely stupid because I choose to run without a specific sensor for my own purposes and needs. Its not like I encourage all people here to remove their MAF. I would do it if you have consistent MAF problems. Sometimes, I hypothesize that the Bosch MAF was GMs way of causing thousands of people to run back into a dealership to get their car worked on for the prime purpose of helping them make more money. I bet it has stranded many more people than you think who didn't know better to just to simply unplug it. And that EVAP system was just more than bandaided ghetto rigged fix for the evaporated emissions control system. I bet half the C4s and Fbodies that came with it was nonfunctional when it left the factory. I bet it caused enough vacuum leaks in the cars to turn them all into sucker. And yes, vacuum leakated problems just caused your car to suck. Yes, to the point that you'd probably wanna sell it and suddenly label American made cars as the biggest pieces of crap out there!
Kopbet, how do you install this Tornado thing? It only fits in the exhaust pipe if I turn it sideways.
Unless his tornado is MAFless he wouldn't know how to install it 90 degrees from sideways.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:29 AM
CentralCoaster
Team Owner

I'd rather be a loser than a winner.
Kopbet, I need investment help. Can I just send you my money and you'll invest it for me?

Quick Reply: Who eliminated there IAC valve