C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

battery removal

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 02:11 PM
dechilders
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default battery removal

Anyone know how to remove the battery in the C4, a 95. I've done a search and don't get any where. Any help or direction would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-01-2007, 02:18 PM
C4Robert
Advanced

well i dnt know if its at all the same prob not because surely they worked it out where u dont have to take the back half of the tire well out to get to it. but in my 87 u have to take the back half of the front tire well out to get to it there are some torx and some metric bolts/screws holding it in. not the easiest to get to but it shouldnt take you too long but make sure u have the right torx socket before u start
Old 01-01-2007, 02:19 PM
jfb
Team Owner

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Remove the torx screws behind the LF wheel and lower the body panel and slide the battery out.
Old 01-01-2007, 02:19 PM
cip93vette
Advanced

Default It's Not That Bad

You Have To Take Off That Side Panel There Are 4 Bolst You Loosten The 2 At The Bottom And You Can Remove The 2 At The Top And It Will Slide Out.take Off The Battery Hold Down Bolt Then Slide The Battery Out. Please Be Careful You Don't Want To Crack The Plastic
Old 01-01-2007, 02:51 PM
MikeC4
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

if you like pictures and step by step advice, like me, follow this article for battery replacement:

http://www.corvettemagazine.com/2001...ttery/bat1.asp

Old 01-01-2007, 03:06 PM
dechilders
Advanced

Default Thanks

Thanks everyone. I got it out. Now I just hope that is the only problem. After trying to start the blower fan comes on even thought the controls were off. I hope there isn't something else that is not just due to low battery. I'll post the conclusion as soon as I get a new battery and see where I am. Thanks for all the help.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:55 PM
aboatguy
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by dechilders
Thanks everyone. I got it out. Now I just hope that is the only problem. After trying to start the blower fan comes on even thought the controls were off. I hope there isn't something else that is not just due to low battery. I'll post the conclusion as soon as I get a new battery and see where I am. Thanks for all the help.
Whenever I unhook the battery in my 95 the climate control ends up on!
I just know to turn it off before starting the car.

Mike
Old 01-01-2007, 05:20 PM
jimg's'93
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cip93vette
You Have To Take Off That Side Panel There Are 4 Bolst You Loosten The 2 At The Bottom And You Can Remove The 2 At The Top And It Will Slide Out.take Off The Battery Hold Down Bolt Then Slide The Battery Out. Please Be Careful You Don't Want To Crack The Plastic
You're forgetting the nut under that panel and the bolt on top. Loosen the lower nut (loosen only) and slide the panel 90 deg. away from the vehicle after the torx are removed from the left side. A thin ignition wrench works great for that lower nut.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:36 PM
MikeC4
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jimg's'93
You're forgetting the nut under that panel and the bolt on top. Loosen the lower nut (loosen only) and slide the panel 90 deg. away from the vehicle after the torx are removed from the left side. A thin ignition wrench works great for that lower nut.
a small 7mm open end also does the trick on that bolt between the side panel lower body molding....but yes, just loosen it, the panel has a groove and it slides right off the car...
Old 01-02-2007, 12:55 PM
dechilders
Advanced

Default Done

The battery was the only problem. It would have taken me a while to figure that one out. I never suspected the side panel but knew there had to be a trick to it when I saw the brace membr over the top of the battery. I'm on the road again and thanks everyone for the help.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:14 PM
RRT vette
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad I could help.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:44 PM
MikeC4
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by RRT vette
Glad I could help.

Get notified of new replies